Reload this Page >

Help planning a trip in south-east Asia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help planning a trip in south-east Asia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:20 am

Lot's of good advice in this thread. Let us know when you have another rough itinerary and we can help you iron out any new wrinkles.

Personally I prefer, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia (in that order).
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
Very rough itinerary:

Mon 18th - Fly from Singapore (SIN) to Sihanoukville (KOS)
Tue 19th - Koh Rong
Wed 20th - Bokor Mountain National Park
Thu 21st - Bus (?) to Siem Reap
Fri 22nd - Angkor Wat, Bayon Temple, Ta Prohm
Sat 23rd - Fly from Siem Reap (REP) to Da Nang (DAD)
Sun 24th - Huế / Hội An
Mon 25th - Fly from Da Nang (DAD) to Kuala Lumpur

But this is SE Asia, you just can't move around quite as fast as this - you'd enjoy it more if you concentrate on a single country (been there/done that!)
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Daawgon
you just can't move around quite as fast as this - you'd enjoy it more if you concentrate on a single country (been there/done that!)
Agreed. Chop Vietnam out of that itinerary, add a day to Koh Rong, add a day or half day to Siem Reap.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jiejie
I would stay in Cambodia for the entire time--8 days including the international flights is not a lot of time.
Originally Posted by Daawgon
But this is SE Asia, you just can't move around quite as fast as this - you'd enjoy it more if you concentrate on a single country (been there/done that!)
Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
Agreed. Chop Vietnam out of that itinerary, add a day to Koh Rong, add a day or half day to Siem Reap.
Yes I've decided against trying to visit Vietnam on this trip, so I'll stay in Cambodia for the week.

Personally I prefer, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia (in that order).
I'm quite keen to visit Cambodia this time, but for sure I'll look into other places for another trip. Myanmar is a new suggestion, I hadn't considered it. South-east Asia has so much to offer.

I'm not aware of any international nonstops going into KOS, and having to connect to get into there is going to eat up a lot of time, so you'd likely want to route this
18th Fly nonstop SIN-PNH and overnight there.
19th Bus Phnom Penh-Sihanoukville (4 hrs on good road, many departures)
21st Flight S'Ville-Siem Reap (Cambodia Air Angkor, check website for promo price)
25 Fly nonstop REP-KUL (Air Asia has good deal now)
Excellent suggestions, thank you. Sounds like a practical and sensible route which would give me plenty of time for sight-seeing.

I personally would skip S'ville in favor of Kampot, or even Battambang, but if you must have some semblance of beach it's the only real option.
The only reason I was planning Sihanoukville is because I want to go to Koh Rong. Happy to consider alternatives nearby.

Lot's of good advice in this thread. Let us know when you have another rough itinerary and we can help you iron out any new wrinkles.
Will do, thanks again everyone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.