Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Transit Visa Required @ KLIA2

Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Hi - I am traveling to Singapore from India via KLIA2 with AirAsia. I am connecting with AirAsia in 2 hours. Will I need a Visa @KLIA2 to transit?

It says I need to clear immigration at KLIA2 when coming at Malayasia - is this required?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
If you are just transiting directly from an international flight to another international flight at KLIA2 and not stopping in Malaysia, there is no immigration clearance.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
The question may be whether AirAsia will check through baggage on connecting international flights. Will you need to go "land-side" to get luggage?

For example, 3K seems to indicate that this may be necessary in SIN, though in practice they can (sometimes?) through check.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:30 pm

If you are an Indian national transiting to Singapore and pass Malaysian immigration, then this notice indicates you won't get TWOV, because of your Singapore destination.

http://www.airasia.com/in/en/latest-news/malaysia-entry-requirement.page

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.