Reload this Page >

Looking for 5* resorts in Philippines.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for 5* resorts in Philippines.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by maortega15
Hope you consider traffic if you plan on visiting Manila. It takes a few hours just to get somewhere where it would normally take you 30 minutes congestion free.

While Boracay is nice, please consider Coron and El Nido in Palawan, I promise it's worth it!
How easy is it to travel to Palawan? Does it have an International Airport and what would be the transit time to resorts?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
How easy is it to travel to Palawan? Does it have an International Airport and what would be the transit time to resorts?
You just catch a flight from Manila (MNL). Yes, the international airport is Puerto Princesa (PPS). But the resort destinations like El Nido and Coron have their own airport. Not sure though how far the airport is from the resorts. I'm sure you can look that up.

Back to the OP, yeah Boracay is getting overdeveloped and infested with tourists. I would love to visit as its probably the cheapest out of the other two, but I'd go for the other two if I had extra money to burn. It's one of those hidden gems that people don't know about...yet.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by maortega15
You just catch a flight from Manila (MNL). Yes, the international airport is Puerto Princesa (PPS). But the resort destinations like El Nido and Coron have their own airport. Not sure though how far the airport is from the resorts. I'm sure you can look that up.

Back to the OP, yeah Boracay is getting overdeveloped and infested with tourists. I would love to visit as its probably the cheapest out of the other two, but I'd go for the other two if I had extra money to burn. It's one of those hidden gems that people don't know about...yet.
Working on some hotels. I will be back for some more tips. You and the others have been very helpful. Thank you ^^^^
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 5khours
Totally worth it.
Think I have finalised on this one (Amanpulo). It really does look awesome. Would you say that this is the best hotel in the Philippines?

Last edited by onlysuites; Jan 26, 2017 at 3:10 am
Old Jan 27, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Think I have finalised on this one (Amanpulo). It really does look awesome. Would you say that this is the best hotel in the Philippines?
I think a lot of people would say it's the nicest resort in the world.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 5khours
I think a lot of people would say it's the nicest resort in the world.
Wow. That sounds impressive. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.