Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kuala Lumpur public transport map

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Kuala Lumpur public transport map

I'm searching a map for KTM/LRT covering greater KL area.

The map should also cover Bandar Kinrara 5 in the South.

I found e.g. http://www.mypublictransport.com/201...e-lrt-map.html but I'd like to have a map covering all KTM/LRT lines including city center.

Is changing between e.g. KTM and LRT possible with the same ticket?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
eh...just a thought, why not use grab or uber? It's dirt cheap and has good coverage?
(no offense but just a personal thought from 5 trips to KUL last year)
Old Dec 19, 2016, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by TimWong
I'm searching a map for KTM/LRT covering greater KL area.
I hope this could help you:

Originally Posted by TimWong
Is changing between e.g. KTM and LRT possible with the same ticket?
No, KTM & LRT have 2 different tickets, but you can use a single ticket to ride LRT (Kelana Jaya, Ampang & Sri Petaling Lines), Monorail, RapidKL Bus and MRT.
Sweet Willie likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Regina is right.

However, AVOID using public transport in the city center from 5.30pm-7.00pm and from 7.00am-9.00am. It generally is terribly congested and there is no system on how to board as everyone pushes and squeezes in especially on KTM trains.

Grab a car/grab a taxi app is available for downloading if you need to get to areas that may not be walking distance from a station. Prices are sensible.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by El Regina
No, KTM & LRT have 2 different tickets, but you can use a single ticket to ride LRT (Kelana Jaya, Ampang & Sri Petaling Lines), Monorail, RapidKL Bus and MRT.
Actually i have seen advertisement for this in KLIA Transit
https://www.kliaekspres.com/deals/kl-travelpass/

It's a touch'n'go sold for tourists at the KLIA/2 counters, for 115rm you get a round trip from airport to KLSentral plus 10rm in reload for the card, its ok value considering the round trip airport-KLSentral is 100rm, and a regular touch'n'go card, just the plastic it's already 10rm. With this card obviously you can pay all forms of transport around the city, good for tourists, the only bad thing is balance isn't refund at the end of your trip.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:59 am

As a local, I would like to share some details on the Klang Valley metro system. The map shown above is kind of dated. Line number 4 and 5 is fully operational, while line number 9 is partially completed (From Sg. Buloh to Semantan. The full line will probably open by August. However, line 10 isn't even built yet. As a side note, line number 1 and 2 are regional rail service that runs on a reduced schedule during non peak hours and weekends.

The fares on the metro, regional rail system and even public busses are cheaper when paid thru cashless means (Touch n Go card). For travellers in a group of 3 or 4, taking a Uber or Grab car is often cheaper than taking the metro due to a recent hike in train fares.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA, DL, TK
Originally Posted by RttlnSnK
As a local, I would like to share some details on the Klang Valley metro system. The map shown above is kind of dated. Line number 4 and 5 is fully operational, while line number 9 is partially completed (From Sg. Buloh to Semantan). The full line will probably open by August. However, line 10 isn't even built yet.
Further update that the MRT from Sg. Buloh to Kajang (line 9 on the map) is now fully operational. Line 10 is still not built (and is different if you compare to the previous map posted). When connecting from KJ LRT (line 5 on the map) to MRT line 9, the Pasar Seni interchange is very quick and convenient; I did not try the KL Sentral/Muzium Negara connection but it appeared to involve a significant walk and perhaps exit/re-entry.
Attached Images  
Sweet Willie and FLYGVA like this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:27 pm
Suspended

What is the journey time from KL Sentral to the Subang station opposite the Subang shopping center? Might take the train instead of a taxi or Grab as the last time I did, it took an hour and traffic was bad during peak hours plus the fare was almost RM30 per way.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by wolf72
What is the journey time from KL Sentral to the Subang station opposite the Subang shopping center? Might take the train instead of a taxi or Grab as the last time I did, it took an hour and traffic was bad during peak hours plus the fare was almost RM30 per way.
I haven't been on the Subang extension yet but the rapid KL trip planner shows 49 minutes from KL Sentral to USJ 7 on the Kelana Jaya LRT with a fare of RM 3.6 (note also that it's about a 0.5 km walk from the USJ 7 LRT station to the shopping area).
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gerbs
I haven't been on the Subang extension yet but the rapid KL trip planner shows 49 minutes from KL Sentral to USJ 7 on the Kelana Jaya LRT with a fare of RM 3.6 (note also that it's about a 0.5 km walk from the USJ 7 LRT station to the shopping area).
Yes, massive savings plus I don't mind the 500m walk. Will def. be giving this a go the next time I head over there to Big Singh Chapati House for a curry. The food wasn't bad at all!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by wolf72
Yes, massive savings plus I don't mind the 500m walk. Will def. be giving this a go the next time I head over there to Big Singh Chapati House for a curry. The food wasn't bad at all!
I might be thinking of a different shopping area - Big Singh Chapati House is almost certainly closer to the SS15 LRT station, which is a slightly shorter ride from KL Sentral.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.