Wiki Posts
Search

Getting to Sri Lanka

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2016, 3:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Getting to Sri Lanka

Have a ton of KrisFlyer miles so wonder if SQ is my best bet for J or F to Sri Lanka?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Jeffmiyagi
Have a ton of KrisFlyer miles so wonder if SQ is my best bet for J or F to Sri Lanka?
using miles on sq or on ai (since you posted in the 'india' thread)????where are you looking to fly from????
Old Nov 27, 2016, 9:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Good point. I put it India as its right next door but perhaps should have put it in Asia.

Regardless, I will be coming from either LAX or SFO, whichever has J or F availability.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Good point. I put it India as its right next door but perhaps should have put it in Asia.

Regardless, I will be coming from either LAX or SFO, whichever has J or F availability.
SQ operate a daily on the SIN - CMB sector
As for AI, they have a daily on the DEL - CMB & MAA - CMB sectors..
Definitely better off on SQ if its a J or F redemption..
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:23 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold

SFO-SIN non-stop flight connects well to SIN-CMB. LAX-SIN has a stop in ICN.

I'd search for SFO-SIN-CMB first, followed by LAX-ICN-SIN-CMB, and then SFO/LAX-SIN-DEL-CMB, with DEL-CMB being on AI.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Awesome thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: most of them
I think that makes the most sense...the new SQ A350 flight from SFO.

Especially if you want to stay on SQ metal to get their miles discount. If that doesn't matter you might consider routes via NRT/BKK on partners.

Depending on when you plan to go, be aware that CMB is closing to daytime flights for a few months for runway repairs early next year. So that may effect seat availability. But it seems that most longhauls operate late at night there anyway for some reason
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by glennaa11
I think that makes the most sense...the new SQ A350 flight from SFO.

Especially if you want to stay on SQ metal to get their miles discount. If that doesn't matter you might consider routes via NRT/BKK on partners.

Depending on when you plan to go, be aware that CMB is closing to daytime flights for a few months for runway repairs early next year. So that may effect seat availability. But it seems that most longhauls operate late at night there anyway for some reason
Although I've heard the J on the 350 isn't great. Hmm!

Not going till March/April 2018. But I'll probably reserve a year in advance since it's hard to get SQ J/F unless booked well in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.