Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Travel Adaptar in Vietnam

Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Travelling to Vietnam and staying at Sheraton & Le Meridien in HCM and the Sheraton in Nha Trang.
Will we need electrical adapters when staying at these hotels coming from Canada?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:12 pm

Doubtful you will need them, most chain hotels have them. However never hurts to travel with one just in case
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:06 pm
Suspended

I think you don't need. The hotel will provide it for you
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:35 am

Programs: *G
no, and most of the outlets are multi-format.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
Are you sure you want Nha Trang? There are much nicer beach locations in Vietnam (Hoi An, Phu Quoc and Bai Xep for example)
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Yes, Nha Trang it is. Here is the scoop........I'm a PLT SPG member and always looking at different locations. We noticed some great reviews on the Sheraton Nha Trang so we decided to visit Vietnam. Something different.
We will make the best out of it.........As long as the weather is nice we will enjoy ourselves and relax. The hotel looks very nice and modern and the beach right out in front looks like it will do the trick. I understand it might not be the most beautiful but I'm sure there are worse areas that we could have visited.
At the end of the day when you are just laying there in the sun you could be anywhere......it looks like there are a lot of restaurants to choose from in the area also.
We will go in with a positive attitude knowing that we are fortunate to be able to visit different destinations as this. Some people aren't able to travel all their life for so many different reasons.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:40 pm

Stay away from the tourist restaurants and go local.
If you want good BBQ go to Lac Canh restaurant, its back from the beach a little and only locals go there, but they do have a menu in english and the food there is superb.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks Firemansam......will definitely take that advice and make a visit!
....any and all other tips are always appreciated whether it be taxi information; or any other little things people discover / learn after a visit. Cheers!
Old Oct 20, 2016, 10:54 pm

Use only Vinasun taxi, also try and negotiate with them from the airport into Nha Trang as the meter will cost you close to 600,000 and usually they will negotiate for 350-400,000.

If you are looking for a good Spa/Massage, the I resort have great packages very well priced.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.