Reload this Page >

Vietnam airlines

Vietnam airlines

Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Vietnam airlines

Hi guys and gals,
A question for flight enthusiasts:
Just flew from da nang to dalat (vietnam). Usually a turbo prop but a cancellation yesterday made it an a321.
For some reason the pilot took off at a crazy speed and
very very short distance to take off..I even felt the g in my head (I tend to be a little sensative).
I fly several times a year with all kinds of jets or props in large and small airports and never experienced this kind of takeoff before.
Any ideas on when and why this may happen?
Thanks
Tom

Last edited by Turboman; Oct 12, 2016 at 9:15 pm
Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:23 pm

Fighter Pilot aspirations?
Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Heh.
Perhaps.
At first I thought he might be practicing towards taking off from dalat again since the flight was irregular. Later I discovered the runway in dalat is over 3000m..So that doesnt make much sense.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
Maybe he wants to get out of the Agent Orange Zone as fast as he can!
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:13 pm

I must've just had your same pilot. Flying from Saigon to Phu Quoc on an A321 take-off was fast and very steep, and landing was like a cork in a river ending with a slam onto the runway with passengers even screaming out in surprise and fear and some reaching for the barf bags.

Nothing really against the airline, as they've been great all the way for me on this trip; but the pilot on that one flight was definitely thinking he was flying something other than an airbus full of foreign tourists bound for a tropical island.

On the other hand, the brand new A350 that flew us in from Hong Kong was so gentle and smooth that we barely even noticed any aspect of the flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.