Wiki Posts
Search

Cover Bands in KL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Cover Bands in KL

Have a few nights in KL next month and will be staying in the KL central area. Was wondering if there were any recommendations for some good bands that play in the bars at the 5-star hotels in the KL Central region..?
There was a good band at the Hilton some time back...any tips would be welcome.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
They'll almost certainly be from the Philippines, though I don't know of any with name recognition. KL isn't exactly bar central, and what there is tends to be in places serving expats, as you mention. Around Bukit Bintang the coffee shops serve some of the social purpose that would be filled by pubs in western countries.

Dunno if they're still around, but the Yawar Inkas for years did the street-performance bit (think Peruvian and the Gipsy Kings) at the Bukit Bintang intersection and became so successful they they sold their own CDs rather than asking for donations later on.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by RustyC
They'll almost certainly be from the Philippines, though I don't know of any with name recognition. KL isn't exactly bar central, and what there is tends to be in places serving expats, as you mention. Around Bukit Bintang the coffee shops serve some of the social purpose that would be filled by pubs in western countries.

Dunno if they're still around, but the Yawar Inkas for years did the street-performance bit (think Peruvian and the Gipsy Kings) at the Bukit Bintang intersection and became so successful they they sold their own CDs rather than asking for donations later on.
Hi and thanks for the info RustyC.. will hop around a bit and see whats on offer.. and will look out for the Yawar Inkas...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.