Search

Advice on navigating HKG and onto CAN

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:34 am
b2e
Original Poster

Advice on navigating HKG and onto CAN

Hi there,

Arriving on a flight from LAX to HKG on American and departing 90 minutes later on EVA an hour and 40 minutes later. Guangzhou (CAN) is my final destination. Is this feasible? Will I need to go through security again? Are these two airlines close?

Appreciate any insight.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
EVA doesn't fly HKG-CAN. Are you flying LAX-HKG-TPE-CAN?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:57 am
b2e
Original Poster

You're right! Yes, via TPE.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:06 pm

If you miss the connection, just take the bus from HKG to Guangzhou.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 4:40 pm

That's an interesting routing
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
A mileage run?

Connecting to another flight in HKG with 90 mins is do-able. I've had 50 mins connecting time in HKG and had time to visit the lounge. Though take note of the typhoons in HKG and TPE during this time.

Like 889 mentioned, if bad weather results in delays or cancellations, just take the bus from the long distance bus terminus right at the airport. Signs should lead to the buses easily.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:10 am

Thumbs down done this

I have been caught in a typhoon and the airport closes down, but I would never get on a bus during that time and go that route as flooding happens often.
The ferry over to Shenzhen will close also. As we travel often during the Sept storms for business we have the experience, we go from airport on ferry to Dongguan and then fly out of Guangzhou. Domestic flights are easy connections and various companies fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.