Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore to Yogyakarta deals

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Singapore to Yogyakarta deals

Hi!

I just wanted some advice from this forum on what's the best time (of the year) to book a flight from Singapore to Yogyakarta, for a trip in December (Dec 24th). The prices in most airlines for this route hike up at that time of the year, with the cheapest being Airasia (at $149 Singapore dollars). Does anyone have any other options or should I grab this ticket at this price rightaway as prices will only go higher later?

Also does airasia usually have a sale later in the year for December?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
You've be probably better to post this question in Singapore forum. Now answering questions:

- You managed to pick up the the busiest travel time of the year. If you are not flexible with departure date, expect to pay top dollars and there won't be any discount/promotions. BTW, $149 SGD is one way only, does not include credit card processing, seat selection, checked luggage fees.

- AirAsia runs their big promotions twice a year 9-12 month before the travel time. Minor promos are 3-4 times per year, yesterday one such ended. So for December travel this year you needed to book tickets in Dec of last year. But for intended date it would not help, see above.

- If you are willing to depart from Johor's Senai Airport, AirAsia has direct flight from there several times per week. Usually these flights are 2-3x cheaper comparing to flights departing from Singapore. Night now at selected days in July one way flight is for RM99, but for unknown reason nothing is visible/available after that month. I'd rather wait and check in couple of weeks.

In short - if you are not flexible with departure date/airport/time - go and book. You won't get anything cheaper.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
If you're not flexible book it. You only have a 1 x daily Silk Air & 1 x daily Air Asia flight to choose from. Are you not coming back though? Silk Air can work out good value return - often same price as 2 x Air Asia singles once you've taken into consideration luggage etc.

Also - is Jogja your final destination? If it was for example Borobudur, you could also thrown Solo or Semerang into the mix as other nearby airports?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by invisible
$149 SGD is one way only, does not include credit card processing, seat selection, checked luggage fees.
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Silk Air can work out good value return - often same price as 2 x Air Asia singles once you've taken into consideration luggage etc.
This. To compare prices with Air Asia, make sure you understand all the surcharges. In particular, if you are not travelling alone and want to sit next to your companion, you'll have to pay for it (the seat selection fee). The only thing that comes complimentary is the 29" seat pitch and incessant advertising through the PA system.

Considering your travel dates, you'll be paying more for everything else as well, so why not have a nicer flight too?

Last edited by ProleOnParole; Jun 28, 2016 at 3:14 am
Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:20 am

Best deal is to use Krisflyer miles (if you can find availability. Try business class, usually better).
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Best deal is to use Krisflyer miles (if you can find availability. Try business class, usually better).
15K miles in Y and 35K miles for C per round trip. US $0.02 per mile == $300 + fees == SGD $450 in Y or $700/SGD $940 in C for 1.5h flight.

Doubt it is 'best' deal...
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by invisible
15K miles in Y and 35K miles for C per round trip. US $0.02 per mile == $300 + fees == SGD $450 in Y or $700/SGD $940 in C for 1.5h flight.

Doubt it is 'best' deal...
Depends whether you value flying MI over Air Asia
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Depends whether you value flying MI over Air Asia
Well, based on my reply my preferences are obvious. I do not fly to NZ via JetStar in Y on revenue ticket and do not fly to Bali on SQ in C on miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.