Wiki Posts
Search

same day domestic to int'l flight at HAN

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
same day domestic to int'l flight at HAN

When I depart Vietnam from HAN after a 2 week vacation in Feb. 2017 my int'l flight on JL752 leaves at 12:25am. Would it be safe to fly from Danang late afternoon or early evening on a domestic flight DAD-HAN, collect the bags then check in with JL? This would save me a trip from the airport into the city and a hotel stay in Hanoi and then back again the next night for the return flight. I would just stay at the airport.

The flight DAD-Hanoi would be on a different carrier than JL so no interlining the checked luggage. How much time should I allow between the flights?
Old May 25, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6MM, Hilton Diamond
The JAL counter at Noi Bai airport usually opens around 915pm.
IMHO, if your domestic flight arrives on time at Noi Bai domestic terminal by 7pm, you should be OK with your international connection.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:57 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Careful with intra-Vietnam flights - most of them are rescheduled/delayed/canceled without any warning. Your best shot with intra-Vietnam flights in VN, avoid Jetstar at all costs. And avoid the very first or very last flights during the day.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:26 am
Original Poster

When I look at the schedule of flights DAD-HAN I see 4 different airlines fly that route Jetstar, Vietjet, Hahn, VN. In the afternoon there is a flight approx every 30 minutes. Vietjet has the most flights.

On another note, does anyone know if the JL lounge has showers? We are flying in J HAN-NRT. If I decide to be in Hanoi already the night before we will have checked out of the hotel and been touring all day. I'd like to clean up before the flight.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 6MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by susiesan
On another note, does anyone know if the JL lounge has showers? We are flying in J HAN-NRT. If I decide to be in Hanoi already the night before we will have checked out of the hotel and been touring all day. I'd like to clean up before the flight.
JL does not have its own lounge at Hanoi Noi Bai Airport. It uses a shared lounge with other airlines. The lounge has shower facilities.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
Originally Posted by invisible
Careful with intra-Vietnam flights - most of them are rescheduled/delayed/canceled without any warning. Your best shot with intra-Vietnam flights in VN, avoid Jetstar at all costs. And avoid the very first or very last flights during the day.
That's good advice, and the reason most of us experienced Vietnamese travelers arrive for international flights the day before we travel.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Daawgon
That's good advice, and the reason most of us experienced Vietnamese travelers arrive for international flights the day before we travel.
I decided on an itinerary that has me heading south to Danang at the beginning of the itinerary and working my way north. I will be in Hanoi for 2 nights before the international JL flight.I took all of your advice and rearranged my plan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.