Wiki Posts
Search

Bali Airport-Hotel transfer

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 5:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Bali Airport-Hotel transfer

What is the best option to get transport from DPS to Seminyak? The resort I will be staying at is quoting $38 one-way for a private car. I assume getting a cab from the airport will be cheaper? Are there flat-rate options available? How about safety?

The last thing I wanna do after a 20 hour flight is to fight with a driver about turning on his meter...
Old May 4, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: most of them
A quick Google search brings up this site
http://www.balistoreluggage.com/blog...ew-2015-rates/

and this one
http://www.mydestination.com/bali/us...m-bali-airport
Old May 6, 2016, 2:28 pm

That seems high. I went through the airport in early April and planned to use the taxi desk as I had 5 years ago with no problem. This time, the desk was quoting 400K IDR to Ubud even though the sign with rates next to the desk said Ubud was 300K. We ended up negotiating with one of the other taxi drivers who was bugging us for 325K.

$38 is high but it could be worth the ease after a long journey.
Old May 10, 2016, 6:14 am

I went to Bali last May, and I actually went around the various forums getting contacts of a local driver because I was trying to decompress from work, and didn't want the stress of having to arrange for a taxi from the airport when I arrive.

I managed to arrange for a local driver to pick me up from the airport (RP 170,000 but I tipped him extra) to my hotel in Nusa Dua. Also arranged with the same driver for a half-day customised tour + return to airport (same day) for RP 500,000. He was a very professional and friendly driver, and I was glad to have gone with him.

I'm not sure if I can post his website or email here, but I believe there are many other drivers like him around.

Last edited by Ryvyan; May 10, 2016 at 6:22 am
Old Jun 18, 2016, 12:27 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Uber pickup from DPS works pretty well now. Can use the free airport wifi and meet driver at departures. Cost me about USD$5 to Seminyak!
I always feel ripped off by the airport taxi cartel so was happy to barge through them to get back upstairs to departures. I blogged about it I was so pleased with the experience.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 12:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some hotels have packages that include airport transfers. Be sure to check, including throughout the hotel's own website, not just that of the chain. I had a good deal this way, but of course YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.