Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Hanoi Hotel Choice: Hilton Garden or JW Marriott?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hanoi Hotel Choice: Hilton Garden or JW Marriott?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Daawgon
Both of those hotels are in the wrong locations - you want the Old Quarter of Hanoi, believe me. If you need luxurious accommodations, my suggestion is either the Apricot Hotel, La Siesta Hotel or the Sofitel Metropole Hotel. Personally, I stay in 3* little hotels that have far superior services than the big expensive places. I just came back from my 8th trip to Hanoi, and will be back for #9 at Xmas.
IMHO, expectation on hotel services is a personal taste. I have stayed at private hotels in the Old Quarter as well as luxury western hotel chains in the city. I personally don't care much for hotels in the Old Quarter since taxi to get there is fairly reasonably priced. I am not going to name how many times I have been in Hanoi and Vietnam but let just say 4x your count.

OP - Another consideration for staying in the Old Quarter is due to some streets being quite narrow street, it is not unusual for taxi to drop you a couple blocks away.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
JW Hanoi is a fantastic hotel, one of the best within Marriott. Location has nothing around, but you won't really wish to go out.
But it's much more expensive on points: 20–30k Marriott points vs 10k Hilton points for HGI.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 11:47 pm

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
Are you coming here to see Hilton hotels or Hanoi? We have awesome smaller chains in this town such as the La Siestas and others. Recently I ate breakfast with other US friends at the La Siesta Hang Be in the heart of the Old Quarter (WOW, that breakfast room blew me away with it's 360 degree views and service). This is Asia, do you really just stay in hotels that give you more points?

https://lasiestahotels.vn/hangbe/
rjh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.