Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in Luang Prabang

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTG
Hotels in Luang Prabang

My wife and I are off to Luang Prabang for 4 nights in March. Want to spend around $200/night (Ideally closer to $150 if possible but would stretch it above $200 for an incredible property too)

We have no set agenda in Luang Prabang, we will do some sort of day trip along the Mekong, check out the sites in town, and eat some good food, but otherwise will probably spend some time by the pool.

I have looked at Kiridara Hotel and Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel but are open to any other suggestions. A pool is an absolute must as is a decent breakfast.

Thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2015, 4:55 am

Hi

I stayed at a boutique hotel named Villa Maly in Feb 2013 and enjoyed the stay so much. The hotel does have a swimming pool. The prices are about that budget.

If you'd love an off-the-grid trip, take a trip to Kamu Lodge, a sustainable village located about 30 kms from Luang Prabang. A part of the lodge's revenue is reserved to support the Khmu villagers living nearby.

I would recommend you also a lunch or dinner cruise on the Nava Mekong.

Have a good time in Luang Prabang.

Hannah

Last edited by hannahdo; Nov 26, 2015 at 5:11 am
Old Dec 5, 2015, 1:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb
We loved loved loved Sofitel Hotel de la Paix. About $270 in high season through Splendia travel agency in Spain. We found them thru Kayak. More than $125 off regular rack rate. May be much cheaper in Mar. All suite hotel. 23 rooms. Great food, pool, kindest people work there. Say hi to Pookie (room manager) for us.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: most of them
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
My wife and I are off to Luang Prabang for 4 nights in March. Want to spend around $200/night (Ideally closer to $150 if possible but would stretch it above $200 for an incredible property too)

We have no set agenda in Luang Prabang, we will do some sort of day trip along the Mekong, check out the sites in town, and eat some good food, but otherwise will probably spend some time by the pool.

I have looked at Kiridara Hotel and Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel but are open to any other suggestions. A pool is an absolute must as is a decent breakfast.

Thanks!
You definitely want to stay in the old town. I just left today. Only one sunny day out of 3 unfortunately. I stayed at a place called Luang Prabang Residence (the boutique villa), and would not stay there again for a variety of reasons. I would stay at one of the places out near the end of the peninsula. But the town is small and easily walkable. There are tons of small guesthouses and hotels. But they are unlikely to have a pool.

For sure don't miss Kuang Si waterfall. It is spectacular. I've been to a lot of waterfalls and it is easily at the top of the heap. Once I get home in a few weeks I'll post a trip report.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:28 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by konaflyer
We loved loved loved Sofitel Hotel de la Paix. About $270 in high season through Splendia travel agency in Spain. We found them thru Kayak. More than $125 off regular rack rate. May be much cheaper in Mar. All suite hotel. 23 rooms. Great food, pool, kindest people work there. Say hi to Pookie (room manager) for us.
+1 for Hotel de la Paix.

When we stayed, July 2014, the food was so so, but at that time it was being take by Accor, so very likely it is much better now.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by glennaa11
You definitely want to stay in the old town. I just left today. Only one sunny day out of 3 unfortunately. I stayed at a place called Luang Prabang Residence (the boutique villa), and would not stay there again for a variety of reasons. I would stay at one of the places out near the end of the peninsula. But the town is small and easily walkable. There are tons of small guesthouses and hotels. But they are unlikely to have a pool.
IIRC, I read somewhere that hotels near the end of the peninsula were not allowed to have a pool.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Can someone recommend a reasonable hotel in Luang Prabang? Sofitel is way over my budget at US$306/night. The M Gallery is a little better at US$134 but I was hoping to keep it under $100.

There is so much selection and the prices vary tremendously.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Kiridara Hotel looks like a good choice. People should state dates for their budget as otherwise difficult to gauge price levels.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Sorry, I'll be there for the SIN pre-do Jan 10-12.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:47 pm
Suspended

I like 3 Nagas Hotel in main street and go some walks to Night market
Old Nov 23, 2016, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Can someone recommend a reasonable hotel in Luang Prabang? Sofitel is way over my budget at US$306/night. The M Gallery is a little better at US$134 but I was hoping to keep it under $100.

There is so much selection and the prices vary tremendously.
Originally Posted by sandy86
I like 3 Nagas Hotel in main street and go some walks to Night market
The 3 Nagas is the MGallery hotel maritagirl is talking about. Indeed a lovely hotel. The Sofitel is fantastic, but really expensive.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTG
3 Nagas/MGallery is a great property. We split our stay between there and Maison Souvannaphoum. Spent ~$100/night on each in March using a thanksgiving promo code on Orbitz.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: most of them
There are lots of small hotels and guesthouses around town. Not sure how many of them show up in the hotel booking sites, but I would probably take a look at agoda or booking.com. Dec-Jan is high season for much of SE Asia.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 3:15 pm

We stayed at the Sofitel(at that time still Hotel de la Paix but Accor had started managing it) in July 2014. We went twice for dinner to 3 Nagas and loved the place, the food was much better than in our hotel. We were staying for a week so the swimming pool was important for us, but for 2/3 nights, I would probably choose 3 Nagas over the Sofitel.

Have a nice stay in LP, we loved this small city
Old Dec 3, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
For those wanting something less grand, Manichan Guesthouse is a wonderful choice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.