Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about flying USA to Asia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Yes but Chinese New year is not a good time to be a tourist in Asia.
Thats true if a person wants to be mobbed by the crowds. Wants expensive hotel rates or no pts stays available. Enjoys waiting on very long lines. Wants it to either be raining everyday or boiling out. Wants expensive airfares or enjoys finding no award tkts available.

Ive been going during Jan/Feb for the past few yrs and wish I did so all along
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Firemansam
Have found JFK-BKK departing mid October and returning 1 month later for $1008 USD on EK. IAD-BKK $1085.

Also JFK-BKK mid August, September and October for as low as $814 on Cathay
Damn that's pretty good, i think by the time i factor in travel from BWI > JFK then BKK > cambodia i'm gonna be over or near 1300's though, i will try more possible combinations with this, thank you
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
JFK-PNH (Cambodia) return fares for Nov '15/selected dates - low of $818. on Cathay Pacific or $1011. on Asiana (my choice)

JFK-SGN (Vietnam) fares from $751. return

view the calendar option at http://matrix.itasoftware.com for sample fares
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:44 pm

I would decide where I wanted to go and fly to that area , Bangkok is pretty central and has many low cost airlines , trains and buses
Malaysia might be good too if you find a cheap flight to get there.....

but if you plan on going overland much of your time then flying to Hong Kong or Taipai will be too far out of the way
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Daawgon
JFK-PNH (Cambodia) return fares for Nov '15/selected dates - low of $818. on Cathay Pacific or $1011. on Asiana (my choice)

JFK-SGN (Vietnam) fares from $751. return

view the calendar option at http://matrix.itasoftware.com for sample fares

Thank you everyone for your help, i have purchased my flight, take care
Old May 7, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
I see that the OP has purchased a ticket already, but perhaps for others this will be useful.

I have alerts set for air fares (round trip) from Central Florida to Asia which are less than $900 I see a couple of fares matching this every 2 days or so. It seems like New York, LA, and SFO are often where the lowest fares to Asia originate if you look at the entire US.

I will consider the costs (money or points) of using another ticket to position myself in a different city to take advantage of a really low price. I'm currently in Bali on a $566 roundtrip ticket that I needed to travel to PHL to take advantage of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.