Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

MNL no longer the worst in the world!

Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: CI Paragon, AF Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Shangri-La Jade

Just wanted to share something I saw on the news today in Manila. I am a frequent visitor so thought it was pretty funny.

"President Aquino hailed renovations to the Philippines' main international airport, expressing optimism it would soon shake off its ranking as the world's worst airport.

Ninoy Aquino International Airport topped the list of worst airports on travel website from 2011-2013.

However in its 2014 survey, the Manila terminal improved its standing to only the fourth worst in the world, after Islamabad, Jeddah and Kathmandu airports."

I suppose progress is good, but 4th worst really isn't something to brag about in the news.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Now watch as they get awarded worst in the world again next year
Old Apr 4, 2015, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
I just got back from there about a week ago. Had an hour's wait to get to the check in desk for Etihad, followed by a long immigration line because construction had limited the number of posts they could have open, followed by non-working AC at the gate. When they finish the renovations at terminal 1 it'll not be quite as bad, but then it's chronically under-sized for future growth (as is the hemmed-in NAIA itself).

There's also the bad taxi situation and having to basically fend for yourself if you have to go between terminals, which are too far apart. If you can arrive on one of the Philippine carriers at a newer terminal and not have to transfer then it *might* be a less-unpleasant experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.