Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yangon, Myanmar late night / early am transport to hotel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Yangon, Myanmar late night / early am transport to hotel

I was wondering about the logistics of transfers from the airport to a hotel.

I read you can walk a few km to a bus stop but early am or late pm this seems like it could be treacherous, especially with luggage.

I heard a taxi is anywhere from USD 6 to USD 10. Has anyone had any experience with this shuttle I found using google:

http://ygnairportshuttle.com/

They claim to charge USD 5 for a trip into town. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
At the airport there is a taxi desk which have fixed priced taxis. The price depends where in Yangon you are going but the maximum is about USD10. You need to watch out a few times I found that they wanted to charge me the max even though I was not going that far.

I would definitely not try taking a public bus in Yangon, they are very old, very uncomfortable and very crowded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.