Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Indonesia extend visa free to 45 countries

Indonesia extend visa free to 45 countries

Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
OK people, there have been a few issues overnight. A few groups of tourists who entered Bali have been denied exit from Lombok / Semarang.

To clarify - for the moment- you have to enter AND leave from one of these airports:

To be eligible for a free visa, visitors must enter and exit the country through one of the following 5 airports Jakarta - Surabaya - Denpasar - Medan or Batam or two sea ports in Batam and Bintan.

Free visa is not valid if exiting or entering from an airport or sea port that is not one of the above. In any other event a visa must be bought for 35USD.
So if you arrive in Bali and leave from Jogja, Lombok Makassar etc etc you MUST ensure you have a paid for visa - INSIST if needbe!

Otherwise you could be responsible for re-routing via DPS/SUB/CGK/KNO.

Of course this may change tomorrow
Old Jul 3, 2015, 1:04 pm

Thx for the information...this will be super annoying for some travellers since it wasn't communicated that well
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by fivenue
strike "usually" from your statement, and perhaps, replace "generally" with "hardly"
Looks like you we're wrong, eh?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrgreen
It's about time and hopefully 30+ day stays won't require VISA soon as well
This is very unlikely. They have had free visas for a number of countries for years, but only 30 days for free. Other than perpetual tourists in Bali, there's not a huge demand for it.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Deleted.

Last edited by gpeso8; Aug 16, 2015 at 10:45 am Reason: Wrong thread...
Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Immigration is sharp on allowing "visa free" for tourist visits only.

Arrival in CGK: Asked for destination and hotel name as well as purpose of visit.

Departure in DPS on 6th day: No questions asked

Arrival in back in DPS three days later: Asked where I was coming from, how long I would stay. After I replied that the stay is only one night, he asked which hotel, where the hotel was located and whether I'm not visiting someone or was on transit.

Departure the next day in DPS: Same questions again after the official saw we spent only one night in Indonesia. What hotel and if we were really tourists.

We were indeed "real tourists" - but for anybody transiting or visiting somebody, better be careful or have some "details" ready when arriving and departing.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX MPO
What about Bandung?

I have to go there next week, work related. They are not in the list of entry ports for the free visa, but a paid VOA can be obtained, or still need to transit in Jakarta?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CXBA
I have to go there next week, work related. They are not in the list of entry ports for the free visa, but a paid VOA can be obtained, or still need to transit in Jakarta?
Yes, you can buy the $35 VOA there. Necessary if you're flying in/out of there.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CXBA
At the end of Aug I flew into Jakarta and my departure was from Manado about two weeks ago. I got the paid VOA and departed Manado with no problems.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: AY, GA, SQ, IHG, SPG
Can anyone confirm if the policy is already actually in place? I went to CGK in April and DPS in May, both times VOA fee of 35USD were collected. Embarkation form was not any more needed though. I would not be so surprised if they would still accept the payment for VOA for those nationalities who don't need it any more.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: SQ, GA, QF
Originally Posted by Laowai
Can anyone confirm if the policy is already actually in place? I went to CGK in April and DPS in May, both times VOA fee of 35USD were collected. Embarkation form was not any more needed though. I would not be so surprised if they would still accept the payment for VOA for those nationalities who don't need it any more.
The policy has been implemented since July this year so you missed it.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I flew in to Jakarta at the end of August. After implementation of the free visa. I paid for a visa because we were leaving from Manado. The free visa was also available. There were no issue for either
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by rizayosia
The policy has been implemented since July this year so you missed it.
Thanks, this is good news as I visit Indonesia regularly.

On a side note a certain airline was trying to collect the airport tax of 200k at DPS at the check-in although the tax is nowadays already included in the ticket. Do not pay!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, this is good news as I visit Indonesia regularly.

On a side note a certain airline was trying to collect the airport tax of 200k at DPS at the check-in although the tax is nowadays already included in the ticket. Do not pay!
When was your ticket issued? They've only been adding the airport tax since the middle of the year.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
When was your ticket issued? They've only been adding the airport tax since the middle of the year.
If I recall correctly they changed the policy for tickets issued after March this year? Anyway, the case I mentioned already had airport tax included in the ticket and there was not additional fees paid after a short discussion. Also formerly the tax was always collected at a separate counter - not at the check-in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.