Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Best time for Sri Lanka?

Best time for Sri Lanka?

Old Nov 17, 2014, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: most of them
Best time for Sri Lanka?

Thinking of finally visiting Sri Lanka at the end of next year. I'll be combining this with some time in Thailand (and maybe a couple of other places). Is there a "best time" to visit Sri Lanka? I see from the www that there are two monsoon seasons but the info seems to downplay the effects. My schedule is quite flexible...any time Oct- Dec works for me, but I prefer Nov/Dec for the potential of better weather in Thailand.

Thoughts?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by glennaa11
Thinking of finally visiting Sri Lanka at the end of next year. I'll be combining this with some time in Thailand (and maybe a couple of other places). Is there a "best time" to visit Sri Lanka? I see from the www that there are two monsoon seasons but the info seems to downplay the effects. My schedule is quite flexible...any time Oct- Dec works for me, but I prefer Nov/Dec for the potential of better weather in Thailand.

Thoughts?
I'm heading there again next week to watch some cricket.
December is probably one of the best months in the year to go - there may be rain about but it can go from glorious sunshine to downpour to glorious sunshine within half an hour.
And it varies in different parts of the island.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.