Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Traveling Philippines?

Traveling Philippines?

Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Traveling Philippines?

Anyone here who has plans in traveling the Pearl of the Orient - Philippines? It's a very beautiful country and going there will surely worth the value of your money. The people are friendly and the destinations are marvelous. There are lots of adventures awaiting for tourists, so, when are you going to visit Philippines?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
I leave next month, gla-ams-sin-ceb(with KLM & SQ), plus some internal flights while there to go to Boracay and Camiguin (with Cebu Pacific)
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by chris19992
I leave next month, gla-ams-sin-ceb(with KLM & SQ), plus some internal flights while there to go to Boracay and Camiguin (with Cebu Pacific)
Please post a Boracay and Camigun trip report (with photos please).
Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:46 pm

I will do my best.
Since my girlfriend is from Camiguin and will be showing me about it should be an interesting trip.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by chris19992
I will do my best.
Since my girlfriend is from Camiguin and will be showing me about it should be an interesting trip.
Since my girlfriend is from Camiguin and will be showing me, about it should be an interesting trip.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 11:59 am

Almost.

Since my girlfriend is from Camiguin and will be showing me about, it should be an interesting trip.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: avios
You'll love it there. Enjoy....
Old Sep 30, 2014, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Plenty of fun in the Philippines. Been living there the better part of a decade.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it kind of place, with those I know split roughly 50-50. It's not as instantly likeable as Thailand or Malaysia and has a certain grot factor that some people can't get past, especially in places like Manila but also in some pretty drab secondary towns (Kalibo outside the festival could be the pits). With exception of Boracay it's hard to fly to a beach, with some of the better regarded ones still taking effort to reach.

It's easy to get depressed by the increased hassles, greater visible poverty or less creature comforts, but the human element and friendliness and factors like that can slowly grow on you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.