TPE-SFO-YYC Customs Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Accor Diamond, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Club Carlson Gold

Hey guys,

My parents are planning a trip from Calgary (YYC) to Tapei (TPE) and could save $400 if they fly United but they don't want to deal with the hassle of clearing US customs on the way back.

If they fly United, they would land in SFO and have about a 3 hour layover. Do you know if they will have to clear US customs?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I fly mostly DL from Asia via US to Canada (YYZ).

When transiting at DTW or ATL my checked bags are now tagged Asia-US-YYZ and also a ITI purple tag. There is not picking up bag, go through US customs and rechekc bags to Canada.
You still have to enter US through US CBP immigration. That process has been simplified for Canadian passport holders who can use the passport kiosk along with Americans. No more lining up with other aliens and the wait for finger-printing.
My family used the passport kiosks this year and they were only a few minutes longer compared to me using Global Entry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.