Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Mount Everest Buddha air question

Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Hi gang, I have a quick question for those that have experienced Buddha Air flight to mt Everest. On the website it says that the flight tour is exactly one hour. How accurate is this? Reason being I have a very limited time in KTM and would like to do the 0630 to 0730 tour. However, my flight out of KTM is at 0845. Will I be able to make it? Also, is there different terminals at KTM between the Everest flight and international flights? Thanks in advance
Old Jul 22, 2014, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by babypuwet
Hi gang, I have a quick question for those that have experienced Buddha Air flight to mt Everest. On the website it says that the flight tour is exactly one hour. How accurate is this? Reason being I have a very limited time in KTM and would like to do the 0630 to 0730 tour. However, my flight out of KTM is at 0845. Will I be able to make it? Also, is there different terminals at KTM between the Everest flight and international flights? Thanks in advance
Did Buddha air flight at Easter this year. Yes, it takes an hour, and yes it's a small airport. But things can go wrong. And they will mess around with departure times depending on how many people they have to take up. Also you might have the problem of trying to check in onto 2 flights at once.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by babypuwet
This is a recipe for disaster.

The domestic terminal, where I'm sure the Everest flight would depart from, is not far from the main international terminal but they are separated by a 5-10 minute walk.

The problem is nothing domestically works on a dependable schedule. Also immigration can have long lines.

Choose either the Everest flight or your international departure. The likelihood of successfully navigating both is between slim and you're crazy!
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
This is a recipe for disaster.
Yes, I would agree with that.....
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I actually switch my schedule around to where I will have a couple of extra days in KTM.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Very wise!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.