FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yosithezet
Official website for applying for the eVOA

https://molina.imigrasi.go.id
Print Wikipost

Visa / VOA Info for Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2010, 3:38 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Please continue to follow this thread as it is moved to the Asia forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Sep 24, 2010, 11:04 am

Any help, please

Any help?
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:09 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Visa on Arrival query

Have two trips to CGK, about 15 days apart. Was wondering if there would be any problem with availing the visa on arrival the second time around, just after 15 days. Not sure if there's any rule in this regard. Am an Indian passport holder.

Some countries that offer the Visa on arrival allow you to avail of it, only for a cetain 'X' number of times in a year. Any similar rule for Indonesia?
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by oontiveros
Btw, VoA is now $25 for 30 days, the $10 VoA has been scrapped. Additionally, one can extend their visa an additional 30 days.
Extending the VOA for another 30 days is not easy thing to do. I did it last month, and refused to pay the 750k extra that a service associated with the hotel wanted. I figured how hard could it be.

Took me 3 trips to the Immigration Department next to the old town hall. A nice enough place. All forms in Bahasa. Don't expect any help there.

First trip to get the longish forms. Buy a folder and stamp. Get a copy of your passport picture page and your entry stamp.

Second visit 3-4 business days later to pay 250k rupiah fee. You have to get your file first, and then pay the cashier.

Last visit, come back, pick up your passport. Horrid lines at the place, luckily not much of a problem for foreigners. If I did this again, I'd certainly have an agency do it, hopefully for 250-400k this time.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quarryking
Some countries that offer the Visa on arrival allow you to avail of it, only for a cetain 'X' number of times in a year. Any similar rule for Indonesia?
I'm not sure on Indian nationals, but do know of many expats who leave on a morning flight to SIN, and come back in the evening, and get a new VOA.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 1:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Extending the VOA for another 30 days is not easy thing to do. I did it last month, and refused to pay the 750k extra that a service associated with the hotel wanted. I figured how hard could it be.

Took me 3 trips to the Immigration Department next to the old town hall. A nice enough place. All forms in Bahasa. Don't expect any help there.

First trip to get the longish forms. Buy a folder and stamp. Get a copy of your passport picture page and your entry stamp.

Second visit 3-4 business days later to pay 250k rupiah fee. You have to get your file first, and then pay the cashier.

Last visit, come back, pick up your passport. Horrid lines at the place, luckily not much of a problem for foreigners. If I did this again, I'd certainly have an agency do it, hopefully for 250-400k this time.
I've done it a few times already and have been in Indonesia long enough to know better than to do it myself!

I used a service and they charged 800k...I look at it as cheaper than a return cab to the airport, airport taxes and the plane tix to anywhere outside Indo...that is, if I don't have anything to do in Sing or KL...

Let me know if you get it for 400k!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 1:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by quarryking
Have two trips to CGK, about 15 days apart. Was wondering if there would be any problem with availing the visa on arrival the second time around, just after 15 days. Not sure if there's any rule in this regard. Am an Indian passport holder.

No issues AFAIK...I have done it many times in a month (not sure of Indian passport though)...just happy we don't have to take a whole passport page for the sticker for each entry.
Old May 10, 2011, 4:13 am

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
My experience extending 30 day visa on arrival

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

Just finished getting my 30 day visa on arrival extended and thought I would relay my experience:

Beforehand, since I had heard varying stories about the required documentation, I made (triplicate) copies of:
1) my passport photo/information page
2) the passport page containing my visa on arrival stamp
3) my departure card
4) the receipt for my departure card
5) a dummy booking for a flight from Jakarta to the U.S.

and had passport photos in a mix of sizes (just to be on the safe side).

The office I went to was "Kantor Imigrasi Jakarta Pusat" (Jakarta Main Immigration Office) located at:

Jl. Merpati Blok B12 No. 3
Kemayoran
Jakarta Pusat

but, you may want to print out this map:

http://www.streetdirectory.co.id/ind..._Blok+B+No.+3/

to help your driver find the way. It is on a quiet side street--- but there are still several food vendors on the sidewalk if you get hungry.

I recommend you get there when the office opens at 8 a.m., because the entire place shuts down for lunch at noon-- and if you're midway through the process, you wait. Also, if you don't get through the process by the end of the day, you have to come back later to pick up your passport (and this place can be over an hour away from the "Golden Triangle" in heavy traffic).

When you first walk in, you may be confronted by teeming hordes, long lines and a guy making announcements in Bahasa over a microphone-- don't panic, this isn't for you. Instead, you go the the 3rd floor (which is confusingly named the 4th floor), by taking a staircase to your right when you enter. Just to confirm, there is a friendly guy sitting at a "Customer Care" desk just inside the front door who can point the stairway out to you.

After walking upstairs, you want to stop at the 1st window to your left (a small office with a copy machine), the sign there says something like "copi." You will need to purchase two forms:
1) an application for extension 10,000Rp; and
2) a sponsor letter (tell the woman you want to "self sponsor") for 5,000Rp.

Also, if you hadn't made copies all ready, then you will need to pay for copies of your passport information page and visa stamp page from your passport (these are 500Rp each). I was also asked for passport photos (which I luckily had, none of the posts I had previously read mentioned a need for those).

The application is straightforward (1 page) and in English. The sponsor letter is in Bahasa, but all you need to do is fill in your name, passport number, nationality, date, and sign across the stamp (she will show you where to put each item-- it's pretty simple).

In addition, she will give you a bright red official folder-- this will hold your documents.

Fill out the two forms, place the copy of your passport info page and visa stamp behind them, then take them along with your passport and your photos to the counter next to the wooden desks (past the ping-pong table-- really!). After handing these over, you will be told to have a seat and wait.

After awhile, they call you up to collect your folder-- now you have to take it to the counter over your right shoulder. After handing the folder over, you will be told to have a seat and wait.

After awhile, they call you up to collect your folder-- now you have to take it to the next counter over to your right. After handing the folder over, you will be told to have a seat and wait.

After awhile, they call you up to collect your folder-- now you have to take it back to the counter which will now be over your left shoulder (this is the one next to the wooden desks). After handing the folder over, you will be told to have a seat and wait.

After awhile, they call you over and give you an invoice for 250,000Rp. You have to take this invoice down to the cashier on the ground floor. The cashier counter is located at the window closest to the stairwell and is a kind of glass-walled small room with a guy collecting money in an overflowing box and yelling into a microphone. Give him the invoice and the money. He throws the money in the box then hands the receipt to a over to a woman on his right who prints out the receipt. Try to make eye contact with her so you will know when your receipt has printed and she will give it to you through a small window so you don't have to deal with microphone/money box guy (who usually has a lot of people kind of anxiously crowded around his window).

Now, take the receipt back up to the guy on the 4th floor. After handing the receipt over, you will be told to have a seat and wait.

After awhile, he will call you over, give you your passport and direct you to the counter where you bought your forms to get a copy made of the extension stamp. This will cost 500Rp. (I'm not sure what would happen if you just skipped this step and made a run for it with your passport, since it now has the extension stamp in place).

After this, take the copy back to the guy. He will now tell you you're done.

The entire process took me about 1 and 1/2 hours and was actually kind of interesting. For the most part, the people were nice, and did a good job pointing me to the next step in the process (there was a flow chart on the wall that attempts to explain the steps, but it is in Bahasa, contains a circular loop and seemed to indicate at least one step that ends at a dead end). The floor on which all of this takes place (except the cashier) is pretty quiet and there were never any lines at any of the windows.

Since the building sits in a quiet area, you may have to walk a bit upon leaving to find a taxi-- I happened to stumble upon one cruising the back streets after about 3 minutes, so I didn't have to go walk all the way to the main road.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by HKG_Flyer1; May 12, 2011 at 12:33 pm
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:30 pm

Btw, i found a chap who can take care of VOA extensions for Rp600k in Jakarta. PM me if want his info. He also takes care of KITAS, etc if required.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oontiveros
Btw, i found a chap who can take care of VOA extensions for Rp600k in Jakarta. PM me if want his info. He also takes care of KITAS, etc if required.
I got my last one in DPS for 400k. I'm hoping I can find something similar in CGK. I know I didn't enjoy my first/last self VOA extension last year.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: AC
Indonesia Visa on Arrival Extension to 60 Days

I understand that the standard 30 day visa on arrival for Indonesia can now be extended to 60 days. I read the official website, but it is vague on details. It seems to imply that you can only get the additional 30 days at the time of arrival (an pay a little more). Does anyone know if you can get the standard 30 day visa on arrival, and then extend it at a later time? If you can do this, how do you go about getting the extension? Thanks.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC the standard visa on arrival is limited to a short stay, less than their standard tourist visa that one obtains in advance.

Have you tried to phone their consulate for clarification? Does the website provide an email address for questions?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:45 am

Programs: QF LTS, TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Fast Track worth it in CGK?

G'day all,

I've a tight(ish) connection coming up for my xmas Indonesia trip.

* QF flight landing Terminal 2 in CGK at 18.00
* Lion Air flight departing Terminal 3 in CGK at 01.30

I need to have checked in for Lion Air by 00.30, which leaves only about 6 hrs for:
* Getting the VOA (Aussie passport)
* Clearing immigration
* Collecting luggage
* Going through customs
* Taking the shuttle to Terminal 3

I've heard several horror stories about CGK and this will be the first time I'm transferring there. Does this look like enough time?

To save a bit of time&hassle, I was thinking of booking one of the fast track services like on http://airportjakarta.com/index.html.
They cost ~$75 for a fast-track service and pre-purchased VOA - it is $50 extra on just the VOA fee.

Has anyone used this service? How much time do you save with it?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:03 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by gypsyinabigtown
G'day all,

I need to have checked in for Lion Air by 00.30, which leaves only about 6 hrs for:
* Clearing immigration
* Collecting luggage
* Going through customs

I've heard several horror stories about CGK and this will be the first time I'm transferring there. Does this look like enough time?

To save a bit of time&hassle, I was thinking of booking one of the fast track services like on http://airportjakarta.com/index.html.
They cost ~$75 for a fast-track service and pre-purchased VOA - it is $50 extra on just the VOA fee.

God no - that's plenty of time. Last thing you want to do is expedite the amount of time you sit round doing nothing!

CGK is no horror airport - and immigration has never been a patch on say, Heathrow for me, or anywhere in the US, or Australia. OK, the airport is no Changi, but in a strange way I actually love it. Presuming Qantas is ontime, your priority is working out what to do with all your spare time!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

3 hours is what I'd feel comfortable in changing terminals at CGK. 6 is way safe.

Terminal 2 has many more food options, KFC, Hoka Hoka Bento, etc, so I'd probably just eat there. Terminal 3 has a CFC which is mediocre at best, a JCO which is fine, and some small restaurants upstairs which are fine.

I don't think Lion Air flys a lot of planes out of terminal three. Or didn't the last time I was there a few months back. Mostly Air Asia.
Originally Posted by gypsyinabigtown
G'day all,

* Clearing immigration
* Collecting luggage
* Going through customs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.