Last edit by: yosithezet
Official website for applying for the eVOA

https://molina.imigrasi.go.id
Print Wikipost

Visa / VOA Info for Indonesia

Old May 8, 2004, 8:47 pm

Programs: AC*SE; HH*Silver; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Dont worry about the laptop bag... if they push you (which they wont), you can just say you were on business in SIN and took 2 days off to visit Indonesia. You will be fine.

There are tons places for nightlife around town... let me know where you will finally be staying and then I can finetune some advice.

cheers
For a number of reasons, I will be staying at the Sheraton Bandara out by the airport for the 2 nights I will be in Jakarta. Any ideas on how long a taxi ride it is in to (and out of) the city during the morning and afternoon?

Gaucho, thanks for the offer of advice. I have a feeling I won't have much time since my 2 days (and nights) are currently full of meetings and conference calls to back home. I've already decided I'll be returning to the area on personal travel, and I will be sure to resurrect this thread then and look for advice.

Cheers,
Old May 8, 2004, 10:04 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
To give you some precise data, I would need you to clarify exactly where 'into the city means'. In any event, driving from the Sheraton Bandara into town should take between 20-30 minutes with no traffic. However, during morning rush hour, it really depends where you are going.... but to give you an idea, if you are going to the Jl. Sudirman area or similar sections of town that are inside the 3 in 1 area (as in three people in one car), it could take very long. By using a taxi you will be exempt of this rule, but still the whole city traffic goes nuts when 3 in 1 is in effect. If you can drive after 10am and before 4pm you will be better off.

To sum things up.... allow at least 50 minutes from the Sheraton Bandara into town.

Cheers!!
Old May 13, 2004, 8:40 am

Programs: AC*SE; HH*Silver; SPG Gold
After action report

Just thought I would provide the update to the questions I asked for the reference of others:

1. As per the earlier posts, VOA is not a problem.

2. Taxi from Airport area to Merdaka Square was about 50 minutes (good job Gaucho!) departing at 8am, and about 60 - 70 minutes the other way, departing anywhere from 4:30 - 6:30.

As expected, I had little time to enjoy the city so have little advice for others, other than to avoid the side streets during lunch hour. Cars parked every which way makes traffic a nightmare!

Also as expected, the advice given here is impeccable. Now if anyone has any idea what 2 young guys should do on a Friday night in Seoul...I'm all ears!
Old May 13, 2004, 1:11 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Sr. Jefe-- Glad the advice was useful. As for Seoul on a Friday night.... he he he I have lots of advice, but... what sort of time do you have on your hands, PG13 or something more spicy...?

If its the latter, you'd better PM me.

Cheers,
El Gaucho100K
Old Sep 27, 2006, 8:07 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
Visa on arrival at Jakarta ?

Hi

I have read back thru the forum and it seems that a USA passport holder can get a tourist visa on arrival at Jakarta,

is that still how it is ?

thinking of a mileage run and thought that would be an interesting place to go

thanks

Rally
Old Sep 28, 2006, 1:03 am

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Indeed you still can - it's US$10 for up to 7 days, and US$25 for up to 30 days. Just be sure to be swift off the plane if it's full of caucasians, so you can beat the queue for the Visa on Arrival processing (and then you just have to deal with the Immigration queues instead ).
Old Sep 28, 2006, 1:27 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
The desk is very easy to miss as well, be on the look out for it...
Old Sep 28, 2006, 8:34 am

Bring passport photos

You need this for visa....it's basically a 'stamp tax' to generate extra revenue.
On right hand side as you walk down the hall toward immigration
Old Sep 28, 2006, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
thanks for the pasport photo info ,

I would never have thought of that.....

rally
Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by dtsm
You need this for visa....it's basically a 'stamp tax' to generate extra revenue.
On right hand side as you walk down the hall toward immigration
I have been to Bali twice this year and was in Jakarta for the first time three weeks ago. I wasn't asked for any passport photos to get a VOA. Is this new?
Old Sep 28, 2006, 11:02 am

Photos??

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I have been to Bali twice this year and was in Jakarta for the first time three weeks ago. I wasn't asked for any passport photos to get a VOA. Is this new?
Hmmmm....interesting. My last trip was mid June and had to fill out silly form, they asked for picture and $$. That is good news...

PS - it never hurts to have extra passport photos when you travel
Old Sep 28, 2006, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by dtsm
Hmmmm....interesting. My last trip was mid June and had to fill out silly form, they asked for picture and $$. That is good news...

PS - it never hurts to have extra passport photos when you travel
So agree with you about the photos. I'm curious now, do you have a US Passport?
Old Sep 28, 2006, 9:59 pm

Programs: SQ G, Hyatt D, Shangri-La G, Hilton G, Marriott G, IC PrCl G
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I've been in Indonesia (Jakarta / Bali) at least once a month this year, and I've never been asked (nor have I seen anyone been asked) for photos for VoA. Keep the exact amount (US$10 for a 7day visa) handy, or you'll get change back in Rupiah.

Hand over the cash and get a receipt at the first counter, move to the next counter to get the visa stamp on your passport, rush to the immigration queues; that's about it.

I second what GibSpmuh said about rushing out of the plane - the queues get a tad long...
Old Oct 4, 2006, 6:01 pm

likewise i ve never been asked for passport photos when coming into indonesia
Old Jan 9, 2007, 12:11 am

Multiple VoAs?

Can one get multiple visa on arrivals in a given time period. What I mean is... if one arrives in Indonesia, gets a 7-day VoA, then leaves to a neigboring country (SIN or KUL) before the 7 day VoA expires... then comes back to get a 30 day VoA and leaves, let's say on the 28th day... Is this allowed? I read that VoA can only be given for a maximum 30 days. I'm not sure whether or not leaving and coming back resets the 30 days.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.