Reload this Page >

5 days in Ubud - too long?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 days in Ubud - too long?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2014, 4:49 pm

I do not think 5 nights in Ubud is too long. If you don't like beaches and swimming then what else could you do in Bali? Places like the Maldives cry for Bali's spiritual heart. http://backpackerlee.wordpress.com/2...heart-of-bali/

There is so much to do in Ubud, that in my opinion it is debatable if you can fit everything into 4-5 days. Some of the more touristy things like the zoo and the bird park will take up nearly a day by themselves.
Old May 12, 2014, 4:26 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I mean there will always be people who think ___ is overrated, fill the the blank with any and every place in the universe. I think I'm going to spend 5-6 days in Bali (including the days flying in and out), which means it's really 3-4 solid days.

Many thanks to those who recommended drivers as well! I am sure that info will come in handy.

As of what to do: monkey forest, walking around town, temples, rice terraces, and Lombok are all on my list. Anything else I should see while I am in that area?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:35 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Hi all, doing some last minute research on this...

I booked a villa on AirBnB, the owner offered airport pick up / drop off for $30 each way. Day drivers are also offered for $45/day and the driver is supposed to be able to be a tour guide too if needed. When planning, I was planning to go alone, but now a new lady friend has entered the picture and will be joining me. She wants to go to beaches. If we want to spend a day or two on the beach, which is a nice (and preferably close) beach to go to? Should we stay in Ubud and just go during the day, or book a hotel at a beach town?

I do not want to stay at an all-inclusive resort. I want to stay somewhere that has a beach nearby but also some cultural sights to see down town.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: most of them
I think if your focus is the beach it makes sense to stay in one of the beach resort areas rather than Ubud. It takes a while to get anywhere due to the amount of traffic and size of the roads. Bali is not huge, but it can take surprisingly long to get from place to place.

Nusa Dua has lots of different resorts. I don't think they are all all-inclusive.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:28 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Is it doable to drive from Ubud to a beach, preferably somewhere with snorkeling/diving in a day trip?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:17 pm

I would not do it for the day.

You can read my trip report to see our hotel in Seminyak. Really awesome!

http://goo.gl/oMGubS

Your friend might enjoy going to the John Hardy Jewelry factory in Bali. We went from our hotel in Ubud. The hotel made reservations for us. Very interesting.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 2:49 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

I remember reading your trip report before. I even saved the Buddha-on-cloud photo because I really liked it.

Is Semiyak "downtown" an interesting place to visit? I personally do not care much for beaches, so at night I'd much rather spend some time in town rather than paying for overpriced food and drinks at resorts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.