Wiki Posts
Search

Need info on Azerbaijan e-visa

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:43 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
To bump this thread...

Does anyone know and can explain to me the difference between the "Tourist Visa Without Voucher" and "Tourist Visa With Voucher" for Azerbaijan entry? Seems the price difference is quite substantial. However both webpages for the above options seem to note the same criteria

http://azerbaijanvisa.travisaoutsour...lar-fees/?id=2
http://azerbaijanvisa.travisaoutsour...lar-fees/?id=5

Thanks
Steve
Old Jun 1, 2015, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Yes, indeed, I can answer that. We went last year and they had the same deal. You must book your hotel, tour or?? with one of their agencies in Baku. They have a list of about 30. Only a few had any language other than theirs, only a few had a website and only 3 actually answered me. I had a real incentive to use this deal as our visa was $160 each BUT what I found is that the fees these agencies tack on bring the $20 up to nearly $160 anyway. One traveler on Trip Advisor recommended against the guy who was the most responsive as all of them require CASH (no credit cards) and he never delivered on the visa. In the US, visas are only processed by the consulate in Los Angeles so we used them and actually drove down to make sure our papers were in order. It was quite a process but we succeeded. I have no idea who does it in any European countries but your AZ Embassy can tell you. If you use a reputable European service, of course, you will pay the full bore (not necessarily the same as ours) plus their fee. If one of the Baku agencies messes with you, you could lose your passport, kill valuable time, and have no visa on time. We decided it was not worth the risk, esp when it turned out NOT to cost $20. Plus we also got erroneous information about photos. We also did not want a local guy to handle our hotel reservations as we were booking with points at JW Marriott, a hotel that is clearly the best in the city. Best views, lounge, etc. New. Fab. We did have a great trip once we figured out the visa. Good luck!
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by Karen2
Yes, indeed, I can answer that. We went last year and they had the same deal. You must book your hotel, tour or?? with one of their agencies in Baku. They have a list of about 30. Only a few had any language other than theirs, only a few had a website and only 3 actually answered me. I had a real incentive to use this deal as our visa was $160 each BUT what I found is that the fees these agencies tack on bring the $20 up to nearly $160 anyway. One traveler on Trip Advisor recommended against the guy who was the most responsive as all of them require CASH (no credit cards) and he never delivered on the visa. In the US, visas are only processed by the consulate in Los Angeles so we used them and actually drove down to make sure our papers were in order. It was quite a process but we succeeded. I have no idea who does it in any European countries but your AZ Embassy can tell you. If you use a reputable European service, of course, you will pay the full bore (not necessarily the same as ours) plus their fee. If one of the Baku agencies messes with you, you could lose your passport, kill valuable time, and have no visa on time. We decided it was not worth the risk, esp when it turned out NOT to cost $20. Plus we also got erroneous information about photos. We also did not want a local guy to handle our hotel reservations as we were booking with points at JW Marriott, a hotel that is clearly the best in the city. Best views, lounge, etc. New. Fab. We did have a great trip once we figured out the visa. Good luck!
Thanks Karen

I was wondering at the large price discrepancy, but now makes more sense if the total ends up being about the same after all the "add-ons".

Steve
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Is there a consulate in Munich? If so, I would go there. We drove 400 miles to the one in Los Angeles and it was worth the trip for peace of mind. I have lots of friends in the area so we made it a fun trip BUT we are retired to have that kind of time.

Even the embassy website had conflicting information compared to the consulate website. Quite nerve wracking. We were inspired to go there after attending a lecture in San Francisco by the newly appointed ambassador who had run the LA consulate. We got his aide's card and also contacted him but he was not nearly as helpful as Nahid in LA.

We just returned from Moscow and went to the consulate's agency (new routine) in San Francisco to do that visa. I like that face to face talk. Someone who is actually going to process the application right in front of you.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Karen2
Is there a consulate in Munich? If so, I would go there. We drove 400 miles to the one in Los Angeles and it was worth the trip for peace of mind. I have lots of friends in the area so we made it a fun trip BUT we are retired to have that kind of time.

Even the embassy website had conflicting information compared to the consulate website. Quite nerve wracking. We were inspired to go there after attending a lecture in San Francisco by the newly appointed ambassador who had run the LA consulate. We got his aide's card and also contacted him but he was not nearly as helpful as Nahid in LA.

We just returned from Moscow and went to the consulate's agency (new routine) in San Francisco to do that visa. I like that face to face talk. Someone who is actually going to process the application right in front of you.
Unfortunately no - will just plan to mail it in using either CIBT or another visa service I have found here. A little pricey, but has worked well in the past for making sure everything goes smooth. F2F can be nice, but sometimes I could stand a little less snark from some of the people who work at those places *Cough* China Consulate *Cough*

A friend who is planning to come with me is in the US, but not close to any of the consulates so will most likely mail also.

Last edited by Steve_19; Jun 1, 2015 at 12:40 pm
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:27 pm

Thankgod for this thread!

I was just going to book flights with TK and accommodation with Marriot when i saw this thread. No way on earth will i go to AZ with such visa palaver. Driving 400 miles for a visa? Karen i admire you but im afraid i dont live so "close" to LA.
Steve, did you find a visa support company that assisted you?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 8:27 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Moving this to the Asia forum for further discussion. Thanks. JY1024, TravelBuzz co-moderator
Old Jul 16, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Peadar
I was just going to book flights with TK and accommodation with Marriot when i saw this thread. No way on earth will i go to AZ with such visa palaver. Driving 400 miles for a visa? Karen i admire you but im afraid i dont live so "close" to LA.
Steve, did you find a visa support company that assisted you?
No longer need a Visa
Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
No longer need a Visa
Care to elaborate? I was planning to apply for a 3-5 day transit visa for a fraction of the cost via the DC consulate.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Hi Everyone,

I am looking at connecting on separate tickets from Doha on Qatar Airways and onwards on British Airways in Baku.

According to the embassy website in Qatar I can acquire a transit visa with just the application form and proof of onward travel and a valid visa for my destination which I have. Does anyone know how long this would take to process?

Two questions if anyone kindly has the answers!

1) Do I definitely need a visa for a 9 hour connection where I don't intend to leave the airport.

2) Is there any chance Qatar can tag my bag all the way to London from Doha and if so would I need a transit visa still?

Thanks,

Usuallydowntheback

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.