Recommended Driver in Siem Reap/Angkor Cambodia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommended Driver in Siem Reap/Angkor Cambodia

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by alfagirl
We just returned from Siem Reap and Synon was our driver. He was polite, on time, knowledgable and really liked meeting new people from 'flyertalk.'
We will use him again on our next trip to Siem Reap.
So awesome!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 6:33 am

Synon Korng is wonderful

Thank you for the recommendation. We hired Synon for 5 days while in Siem Reap and we were thrilled to have such a great driver. He arranged a guide for us everyday too. I would highly recommend him. We left him a generous tip at the end and it was greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by mcglori
Thank you for the recommendation. We hired Synon for 5 days while in Siem Reap and we were thrilled to have such a great driver. He arranged a guide for us everyday too. I would highly recommend him. We left him a generous tip at the end and it was greatly appreciated.
^^
So glad to hear!
Indeed the tips are greatly appreciated. He is doing his best to educate his children as far as I know.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by silver springer
Hi. I just worked with a driver in Siem Reap for airport pickup/drop off and temple tours. I would like to recommend Mr. Synon Korng, email [email protected]

He was a good driver, fluent in English and gave us tips on the area. He is not a licensed temple guide just a great driver.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers!
Thank you for the wonderful recommendation. My wife and I hired Synon for 5 days while in Siem Reap and we were very happy with his prompt reliable service. I would highly recommend him. We were very happy to leave him a large tip and he was extremely thankful! So we would like to extend the recommendation for his wonderful service! (Dec 2016)
Old Jan 8, 2017, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by 2RETIREDTRAVELERS
Thank you for the wonderful recommendation. My wife and I hired Synon for 5 days while in Siem Reap and we were very happy with his prompt reliable service. I would highly recommend him. We were very happy to leave him a large tip and he was extremely thankful! So we would like to extend the recommendation for his wonderful service! (Dec 2016)
Wow! Great to hear^
Some of my friends have booked him for next month.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:51 am

Synon was our driver as well - he was absolutely great all around. And so was his younger brother (on tuk-tuk).
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Eugene
Synon was our driver as well - he was absolutely great all around. And so was his younger brother (on tuk-tuk).
Great to hear
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:27 pm

Just heard back from Synon that he is booked and would like us to use his brother to drive the Lexus.
He also will be providing a guide for our 3 day tour.
Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by mkarl
Just heard back from Synon that he is booked and would like us to use his brother to drive the Lexus.

Thanks
His brother is not as fluent in spoken english as Synon. However, should be equally trustworthy and punctual.
Set your next day's program at the end of each day. So that there will be no confusion about "what time to pick-up, where to go, etc".

For the guide - email / call Synon and tell him that the guide must be able to speak good English (or another language if you so desire......they have guides that are proficient in many languages).

Remember, you can buy a 3-day Angkor Pass...
Also, if you are arriving late afternoon, you can buy your 3-day pass that evening. The evening visit to Angkor Wat is free...so, you get a couple hours "free" on your first arrival day.

As mentioned elsewhere...keep small bills in USD...they only use USD. Do not exchange for Cambodian Reals.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:36 am
Suspended

Thanks
Synon's brother looked after us for three days, and we found him trustworthy, friendly and quite OK in English. Synon met up with us at lunch one day and was very keen to receive feedback about his brother's service. We were very happy with the arrangements.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP/CK, SPG LT Platinum(RIP), Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Synon will be driving/providing my guide for 5 days in Feb.. All the good feedback has really put my mind at ease. He has been very responsive via e-mail as well. I will come back and provide additional info when we return.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:43 pm

Synon and guide

We returned from SE Asia a few days ago.

Synon was not available for our 3 day tour and sent his brother, who was
just great....very pleasant and responsible. Highly recommended.
Air conditioned Lexus SUV, cold water and towels, etc.

Synon himself was kind enough to drive us back to the airport.
He now has a website: angkorwatgooddriver.com

We also hired an English speaking guide who is also highly recommended:
Seng Sophan (Phan): [email protected]
Excellent discussion WRT temples, history, murals, etc.
Also had good discussion of events of the last several decades, including Viet
Nam bombing, Pol Pot and Khmer Rouge, etc. Very informative and enlightening. English very good and extremely knowledgeable guide.

Karl
Old Mar 1, 2017, 5:26 pm

We returned from SE Asia a few days ago.

Synon was not available for our 3 day tour and sent his brother, who was
just great....very pleasant and responsible. Highly recommended.
Air conditioned Lexus SUV, cold water and towels, etc.

Synon himself was kind enough to drive us back to the airport.
He now has a website: angkorwatgooddriver.com

We also hired an English speaking guide who is also highly recommended:
Seng Sophan (Phan): [email protected]
Excellent discussion WRT temples, history, murals, etc.
Also had good discussion of events of the last several decades, including Viet
Nam bombing, Pol Pot and Khmer Rouge, etc. Very informative and enlightening. English very good and extremely knowledgeable guide.

Karl
Wow, great to see he has a website now! Thanks for the info on the guide.

Also, in relation to this thread, a few of our family friends hired Synon for 3 days in February and they were very pleased with the service!
Old May 16, 2017, 4:00 am

Smile Honest, safe, reliable tuk tuk driver in Siem Reap

Hi,
I just returned from Siem Reap with my wife yesterday, and we had a wonderful trip which was made even more enjoyable because of our tuk tuk driver, Mr Mab Veasna. In summary, he’s English speaking and downright HONEST. It’s my wife’s 4th time in Siem Reap with our tuk tuk driver, Mr Mab Veasna. Ever since he brought her around Siem Reap since her first trip, she has only contacted him whenever she’s going to Siem Reap, whether she’s going only by herself 1 lady or with her friends. He’s able to pick up from Siem Reap International airport, bring you around for a few days from morning till night and send you to airport from your hotel.
His contact details:
Email: [email protected]
Hp: 098760132
Facebook: Veasna khoem
P/S: Actually this is the first time in my life recommending anyone to anyone, but he’s really worth recommending. His full time job is as a rice delivery to schools etc. in Siem Reap, however, he takes you around based on recommendations.

Have a wonderful time in Siem Reap,
Shawn

Last edited by NewbieRunner; May 16, 2017 at 4:48 am Reason: Redacted email address
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
I used Synon's services last year, thanks to all the great feedback from you guys! He was very friendly, proactive and always had ice cold towels and water to hand

I wrote a review on my blog, where I talk about costs, as well as posting up my full itinerary with photos: Touring the Temples of Siem Reap

I would particularly recommend heading out to Koh Ker for a day. It is a long drive but the temples are absolutely worth it and at $100 I think Synon's price was very fair indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.