Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Cebu Mactan Island hotel recommendations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM/Gold

I'll be traveling to Cebu Mactan Island next month/February for business, and would like some recommendations on a nice hotel to stay. our office there has corporate rates at Waterfront, Moevenpick, and Crimson. I'd like to stay on the beach, and also have someplace with a nice pool. Any suggestions? thanks.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:43 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow as the thread moves to the Asia forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: CX Silver, QFF Bronze, Mabuhay Miles
Rule out Waterfront as it is not on the beach. Moevenpick is okay - I have stayed there under its previous name. But nothing too special about it - it is just a fairly generic highrise hotel/resort. While I haven't stayed at Crimson before, it does look reasonable in the Tripadvisor reviews and I would give it a go.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM/Gold
I'll be heading back to Cebu this coming February.

I did end up staying at the Moevenpick earlier this year, and it was just an ok hotel. Nothing special about it.

I'll be staying at the Shangri-La just down the street from it. I walked that property while there in February, and it looked very nice.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:51 am

When in February? Note that many resorts in the Philippines raise their rates during the Lunar New Year. If you're staying during this period get ready for full hotels and hordes of families.

Of the 3 hotels you listed the Crimson would be the best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.