Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Bali / DPS - New Terminal opened October 2013 - photos

Bali / DPS - New Terminal opened October 2013 - photos

Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:07 am
formerly known as RK7

Programs: Many
We arrived DPS at 4pm on Tuesday 10/21. No lines at VOA. No bag xray leaving terminal. We were getting in our taxi at 5pm. I think we may have been able to get some "assistance" if we'd wanted to. Being first off the plane, a couple of guys walked with us and told us that the immigration lines were 2-3 hours long, but we ignored him. Did see someone step out of the immigration queue and follow an agent forward.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by raikje
I've been keeping an eye on the Priority Pass website for details of the Premier Lounge. The latest quote is:

PLEASE NOTE: This is a temporary Lounge. The new lounge is scheduled to open in DEC14.

Last time I looked it said SEP14... It better be good when it finally opens!
It now says...

PLEASE NOTE: This is a temporary Lounge. The new lounge is scheduled to open in FEB15.
I hope it does open next month so that I'll be able to visit the new lounge when I travel to Bali in March.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I am flying out on CX J to HK and a friend is on the same flight in economy... Can I bring the friend with me into the Premier Lounge, or whatever new lounge is available? Does having Priority Pass help?

Last edited by TOMFORD; Jan 19, 2015 at 3:47 pm
Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by FindAWay
It now says...

PLEASE NOTE: This is a temporary Lounge. The new lounge is scheduled to open in FEB15.
I hope it does open next month so that I'll be able to visit the new lounge when I travel to Bali in March.
Now that it is FEB15, the Priority Pass website no longer says "This is a temporary Lounge." And, instead of "Airside - the Lounge is located on the 3rd Floor, near Gate 4;" it now says "Airside - after Immigration proceed to the Duty Free Shop Area. Take the lift up to the Mezzanine Level." In whole, it now says:

Airport: Bali - Ngurah Rai International (DPS), New International Terminal

Lounge: PREMIER LOUNGE
Location: Airside - after Immigration proceed to the Duty Free Shop Area. Take the lift up to the Mezzanine Level.

Opening Hours: 24 hours daily.

Conditions: Children under 2 years are admitted free - Access may be restricted due to space constraints - Complimentary drinks are limited to two per person, subsequent drinks are subject to payment - Smart casual dress at all times - Non-smoking.

Additional Information: International telephone calls and fax facilities are all subject to payment. Reflexology therapy is also available subject to payment.
Any really recent reports? Is the new lounge, in fact, complete and open?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:24 am

It now says...

Now that it is FEB15, the Priority Pass website no longer says "This is a temporary Lounge." And, instead of "Airside - the Lounge is located on the 3rd Floor, near Gate 4;" it now says "Airside - after Immigration proceed to the Duty Free Shop Area. Take the lift up to the Mezzanine Level." In whole, it now says:

Airport: Bali - Ngurah Rai International (DPS), New International Terminal

Lounge: PREMIER LOUNGE
Location: Airside - after Immigration proceed to the Duty Free Shop Area. Take the lift up to the Mezzanine Level.

Opening Hours: 24 hours daily.

Conditions: Children under 2 years are admitted free - Access may be restricted due to space constraints - Complimentary drinks are limited to two per person, subsequent drinks are subject to payment - Smart casual dress at all times - Non-smoking.

Additional Information: International telephone calls and fax facilities are all subject to payment. Reflexology therapy is also available subject to payment.
Any really recent reports? Is the new lounge, in fact, complete and open?
The new Premier Lounge is OPEN. I am sitting in it as I post this. It is well appointed with a decent food selection.

Last edited by FindAWay; May 19, 2015 at 8:42 am
Old May 19, 2015, 8:48 am

I included a section on the new airport and the completed, permanent Premier Lounge in my recent TR, here: Denpasar Airport, Qatar Airways Check-In, & Premier Lounge.

I won't re-post the entire post; but, here are some excerpts:

The Premier Lounge overlooks the terminal and duty-free shops below. Upon entering, we found the lounge to be modern and relatively spacious with plenty of available seating. It was nicely decorated. The food offerings were decent both in taste and selection (although, some of the food offerings did seem to frequently run out and need to be replenished), including pasta offerings available for order from the bar, and standard drinks were available from either the refrigerator or the bartender. There were many different kinds of seating, all with adequate power outlet availability, and even a small business center. There was an even smaller massage “spa” room with services available for a fee. The restrooms included a shower stall.

We found a quiet corner booth and settled-in. The wifi was unfortunately slow, so, I didn’t get as much catching-up on-line done as I wanted before we had to leave. The lounge did have background music that was a little loud for my tastes, though, it was interrupted by periodic flight departure announcements. The air conditioning was blasting.

A few minutes before the scheduled boarding time printed on our boarding passes, we left the lounge and headed to our departure gate.

Photo Below: Toll Road to Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

Photo Below: International Departures Terminal Exterior - Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

Photo Below: Parking Garage - Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

Photo Below: Open-Air Entrance - Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

Photo Below: Lounge Mezzanine Viewed from Duty-Free Shops - Premier Lounge, Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

Photo Below: Directional Sign Next to Elevator - Premier Lounge, Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

Photo Below: View of Duty-Free Shops & Terminal - Premier Lounge, Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

Photo Below: Entrance - Premier Lounge, Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

Photo Below: Seating & Set-up - Premier Lounge, Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

Photo Below: Seating & Skylight over Food - Premier Lounge, Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

Photo Below: Seating Galore - Premier Lounge, Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

Photo Below: Dining Seating - Premier Lounge, Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

Photo Below: Food Options - Premier Lounge, Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia

Photo Below: Shower Stall - Premier Lounge, Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
Old May 19, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
I recently spent a handful of hours in this lounge (using my Priority Pass Plus) while waiting on an after midnight departure. It was comfortable and the WiFi worked well. The music plays on a loop so you will hear the same songs over and over if you spend more than an hour inside. They do make departure announcements.

I sat near the kitchen and could easily see and smell when fresh noodles were made, or food was refreshed.

I also had access to the temporary Sky Team lounge (via my Elite status) that was setup down in the gate area near the departure gate for my GA flight. I spent less than an hour in this area and while it had refreshments, they were not as nice as those in the Premiere lounge nor was the atmosphere.
Old May 19, 2015, 9:36 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

If that car park were in Jakarta it would be the greenest place in the city.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 5:25 am

Can anyone shed any light on when we might expect a permanent SkyTeam/Garuda lounge at DPS?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:11 am

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
I included a section on the new airport and the completed, permanent Premier Lounge in my recent TR, here: Denpasar Airport, Qatar Airways Check-In, & Premier Lounge.

I won't re-post the entire post; but, here are some excerpts:
Great photos - place looks better than it does in person - AirportBNB should hire you as their photographer.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:06 am

Quick note from the Premiere Lounge in DPS (Cathay, many other airlines, and PriorityPass):

This lounge is pretty bad. Not enough seats; super-slow wifi, bathroom is shabby, seats are shabby, and the food is just not appetizing.

Staff is very nice, but that's all that can be said for it.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Michael Ad
Quick note from the Premiere Lounge in DPS (Cathay, many other airlines, and PriorityPass):

This lounge is pretty bad. Not enough seats; super-slow wifi, bathroom is shabby, seats are shabby, and the food is just not appetizing.

Staff is very nice, but that's all that can be said for it.
And it's the better of the two...
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
And it's the better of the two...
That's not good. For a pretty new airport, wow. I think there are actually three lounges right there. Is one new?

After I wrote my note, something dripped on my from a hole in the ceiling. Then I saw something was dripping on someone else from an AC vent. At least that makes sense - my drip was just from an anonymous hole. Who knows what is on the floor above.

So I left and I did realize that the lounge does have AC, which the terminal seems to lack in areas.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Michael Ad
That's not good. For a pretty new airport, wow. I think there are actually three lounges right there. Is one new?

After I wrote my note, something dripped on my from a hole in the ceiling. Then I saw something was dripping on someone else from an AC vent. At least that makes sense - my drip was just from an anonymous hole. Who knows what is on the floor above.

So I left and I did realize that the lounge does have AC, which the terminal seems to lack in areas.
The older lounge was better, because you could at least step outside for some fresh air. At this point, I don't even bother with the DPS lounges. There's a restaurant on the left, close to the elevator that one steps out of when escaping this dreadful lounge, that is entirely passable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.