Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bali / DPS - New Terminal opened October 2013 - photos

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
18K rupiah? Heh, I think you're missing a digit.
I think you're right. Too many glasses of bad red
Old Jul 12, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Writing this from the DPS Premier Lounge. Still temporary by gate 4, still decrepit with dirty carpets and furniture. The food isn't terrible -- I've seen much worse! Anker beer and Hatten wine, coke and sprite and some juices. The new airport is beautiful but the tiny aisle they make you walk through the gauntlet of shops is just ridiculous. Other pax were doing the typical zombie mall walk and completely blocking the aisles. Tons of construction still going on -- very noisy.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 11:01 am

In the end, the hotel had free pickup, so we just will pay for the VIP. The amount they charge includes the VOA (now $35) and frankly, it was easier than asking the hotel for just transfer and no VIP. I can only send so many emails in a day and didn't want to have to explain it to them.

I'm sure it is nothing, but oh well.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by chavala
Look at flightstats to see how many planes are arriving around the same time as yours. I arrived Sat at noon and was out the plane, VOA and thru immigration in 7 minutes! One of my bags priority tags fell off so that was a bit of a wait, nut the other was out immediately. My s/o arrived yesterday (Mon) at 2:30pm and it took an hour, and he was first off the plane -- I think thats the busiest time. But no, I would never pay for VIP. It seems to me its for newbie travellers and people who can't read signs (unless I was in a huge hurry to make a connection perhaps). The new airport is spacious and beautiful and very easy to maneuver. It actually was shocking just how nice it is.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
The new terminal looks lovely... they were nearing completion on my last DPS trip and I will not miss the old terminal one bit.

Random question - how "24/7" is the new terminal? I (right now) have a 4:35 am MH flight in December. My travel companion has a late evening one and so I'm loathe to deal with a hotel room if we'll be dropping off late and then returning for me a couple hours later. I guess I could always do the Hyatt Sanur or something else close....
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:34 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Hyatt Sanur is closed for a re build.

I can not comment on how long it's open. I can comment that arrival was a miserable experience. Just short of 2 hours to get out. Awful.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by dewby

I can not comment on how long it's open. I can comment that arrival was a miserable experience. Just short of 2 hours to get out. Awful.
Sorry for your experience, what was your arrival flight/time of day?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by dewby

Sounds typical to me....
Old Jul 24, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Arrived in C at about 1400 hrs.

A bus trip to arrivals hall Only 40 metres. The gate apparently was faulty.

VOA quick to be honest maybe 15 mins. Immigration wow. Over an hour 30.

Not pleasant.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:54 am

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Confirmed as above.

Airport still under construction, with building partitions in place.
They send you down the Duty Free walk of paradise - from Immigration to Gates.
Temp Lounge still operational.
Alcohoic drinks are either Hattens Wine or warm cans of Anker Beer.
VOA is now USD35 and Departure Tax is Rp200,000

Afternoon arrivals are chaos. We came in on CX from HKG at 15:00. It took 2 hours to get out the airport door.
Widebodies one after another.

Would I ever go back (for may be the 31st time) ?
Of course, Bali fits us like a old leather glove.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by in2it54
Confirmed as above.

Airport still under construction, with building partitions in place.
They send you down the Duty Free walk of paradise - from Immigration to Gates.
Temp Lounge still operational.
Alcohoic drinks are either Hattens Wine or warm cans of Anker Beer.
VOA is now USD35 and Departure Tax is Rp200,000

Afternoon arrivals are chaos. We came in on CX from HKG at 15:00. It took 2 hours to get out the airport door.
Widebodies one after another.

Would I ever go back (for may be the 31st time) ?
Of course, Bali fits us like a old leather glove.
Airport VIP service now suspended for some reason. We've never arrived without using the service, and I've considered anyone that willingly decided to arrive without arranging the service to be an idiot. Also arrived CX785 and it was sheer hell. Beware...
Old Aug 8, 2014, 11:39 pm

It took me just over 3 hours to fly from Bangkok.

It took 2 hours to move 100 metres in DPS airport including immigration.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:07 am

Just left DPS.

Wow what a hole.

VOA confirmed increase to $35 per person

Departure tax 200000 per person (about $18) so over $ 50 person.

New terminal is not greatly designed. Rubbish in fact. Shopping areas get very crowded because they are also the walk through girl the airport.

Lounge , awful. They are building a proper one but was crazy in the afternoon full, no seats. Not nice.

I spoke to an employee who was very distressed with the airport. Standard arrival time in the afternoon is 2-3 hours. They don't know how to improve it either.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Airport VIP service now suspended for some reason. We've never arrived without using the service, and I've considered anyone that willingly decided to arrive without arranging the service to be an idiot. Also arrived CX785 and it was sheer hell. Beware...
Where did you see it was suspended?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Where did you see it was suspended?
Five reservations were taken on different days, each to be notified later on about the cancellation. Plus, received this notification from one: Bali Fast Forward would like to make this official as there seems to be a lot of rumours and people just second guessing. ALL VIP SERVICES have been closed since the 15th July until at least the end of September. Fines and jail time have been threatened to airport staff if they are caught doing it!
Bali Fast Forward will advise people when and if when it happens again. In the mean time we can help you with a whole lot of other services such as Bali and The Gili's accommodation as well as fast boat transfers look on line at www.balifastforward.com
Old Aug 25, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
Of course, in Bali, if you make the right eye contact with the right person near the VOA kiosk and slip him some $$ the VIP service will still work... saved us at least 2 hours this afternoon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.