Bali / DPS - New Terminal opened October 2013 - photos

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bali / DPS - New Terminal opened October 2013 - photos

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
Thanks for the pics. According to Priority Pass, the PREMIER LOUNGE is also temporary and the new lounge is expected to open in Feb 2014.

Priority Pass:
Airport: bali - Ngurah Rai International (DPS), New International Terminal
Lounge: PREMIER LOUNGE

Location: Airside - the Lounge is located on the 3rd Floor, near Gate 4.PLEASE NOTE: Lounge is closed for relocation and expected to reopen Feb2014. During this time, cardholders will have access to the temporary lounge located near Gate 4 at the new International Terminal.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Thanks for all the photos! How did you take them? There were no people on the roads! Bali is never empty.

Lounges in Bali are often only $5-$15 for entry, you might not want to bother using your Priority Pass.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinWilly
...DPS has always had an arrival and departure tax (arrival tax is US $25, departure tax INR 150,000 pp), however I hope that like they do like Thailand did years ago and start to include the taxes in the prices of the plane tickets...
While I agree with you for the departure tax part, there is no arrival tax. It is a visa fee, only applicable to those who need a visa. If one travels with an APEC business travel card approved by IDN for example, there is no need to pay it.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
So this place is getting completed in Bali time.

I wonder when it will be at full operating capacity?

I don't travel until July 14 but stranger things have happened.

Looks a lot more appealing though than the old one.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Originally Posted by ryandelmundo
Thanks for all the photos! How did you take them? There were no people on the roads! Bali is never empty.

Lounges in Bali are often only $5-$15 for entry, you might not want to bother using your Priority Pass.
I took the photos with my phone camera - they came out okay considering it was a phone!

I'm not sure why the roads were so deserted, other than it was ~07:00 on a Sunday morning when we headed to the airport, and we really got to DPS in record time; contrast that to the three hours it took to go from Manggis to Ubud(!).

We were flying SQ biz to SIN, so lounge access was included in the price of the ticket.

Originally Posted by HKtraveller
While I agree with you for the departure tax part, there is no arrival tax. It is a visa fee, only applicable to those who need a visa. If one travels with an APEC business travel card approved by IDN for example, there is no need to pay it.
You are correct, thanks for clarifying, it is indeed the visa on arrival (for those who need it, like we did) that is US $25pp, not an "arrival tax" (how did I even come up with such a phrase?! )

Originally Posted by dewby
So this place is getting completed in Bali time.

I wonder when it will be at full operating capacity?

I don't travel until July 14 but stranger things have happened.

Looks a lot more appealing though than the old one.
Oh, this is DEFINITELY an improvement over the old terminal, which is now for domestic flights. But really, Bali, CLEAN THE CARPETS!

Oh, one note for smokers: The entire airport is smoke-free so if you are of the habit, smoke 'em before you enter the airport, b/c once you're in, you're not lighting up again until you arrive at your destination. I didn't see any violence being committed by anyone seemingly desperate for a nicotine fix, so that was a relief. Not being a smoker for years now, I don't recall if the old terminal had a smoking area, although I do recall that for those who had access to the upstairs business class lounge could go outside to the terrace and light up.

I'm really happy about this terminal, and I look forward to seeing the finished product.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:24 am

All - in the old terminal/airport, I never arrived without first arranging the VIP meet and greet. I considered it absolutely mandatory, and it was well worth the $25-$30 per person. Note my arrival time is typically the CX flight from HKG, so around 1500 (meaning crunch time with numerous widebodies arriving).

Is it still wise to arrange this in advance given the new facility?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:40 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TravelinWilly

You are correct, thanks for clarifying, it is indeed the visa on arrival (for those who need it, like we did) that is US $25pp, not an "arrival tax" (how did I even come up with such a phrase?! )
Although I mentioned this in a Jakarta-related thread, it bears repeating.

DPS decided to upgrade the airport, but the VoA thing is still a pain. Jakarta (CGK) for a short spell, used to have it (some point in 2009 or 2010) so that you pay for the visa with the immigration officer. They didn't even give you a tangible visa.

The separate queue-idea employs more - sure - but I guess the moral is that I've never had an efficient experience with Indonesian immigration.

Perhaps the fast-track (separately paid) service will be worth it next time.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:54 am

I was on the regular queue from a SQ flight a few weeks ago and it was very efficient. We quickly had our visa and caught up to the immigration lines for those with visas prearranged before they were out into the baggage area. Even with a short wait it was less than 20-30 min to get visa and bags and be out to the taxi stand. That's about half the time it takes I'm sure for most US airports. Even with global entry I'm waiting on bags that long most of the time here on the west coast.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Hi all,
Anyone current with the Lounge status in DPS at the moment ?
Is it still the Temp lounge or is the new one up and going.
I'm really looking forward to one more Bintang or that last sip of Hatten Wine ...
Could it be, that I will be astounded by the notable "step up", of presentation and quality.

I'm coming through with Virgin Biz, end of July.
Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:44 pm

@maverick17 - I'm arriving at around midnight and considering skipping the VIP business. Any thoughts on that? Probably just meet driver at airport at end of process?
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by farbster
@maverick17 - I'm arriving at around midnight and considering skipping the VIP business. Any thoughts on that? Probably just meet driver at airport at end of process?
Look at flightstats to see how many planes are arriving around the same time as yours. I arrived Sat at noon and was out the plane, VOA and thru immigration in 7 minutes! One of my bags priority tags fell off so that was a bit of a wait, nut the other was out immediately. My s/o arrived yesterday (Mon) at 2:30pm and it took an hour, and he was first off the plane -- I think thats the busiest time. But no, I would never pay for VIP. It seems to me its for newbie travellers and people who can't read signs (unless I was in a huge hurry to make a connection perhaps). The new airport is spacious and beautiful and very easy to maneuver. It actually was shocking just how nice it is.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by in2it54
Hi all,
Anyone current with the Lounge status in DPS at the moment ?
Is it still the Temp lounge or is the new one up and going.
I'm really looking forward to one more Bintang or that last sip of Hatten Wine ...
Could it be, that I will be astounded by the notable "step up", of presentation and quality.

I'm coming through with Virgin Biz, end of July.
Thanks
No no not Hatten! Two Islands is the one. They get the grapes from Australia and process it here in Bali, so no insane import tax. Its 18,000 rupiah (18usd) compared to Hatten's 11,000, but it doesn't give me a migraine and make me vomit so well worth the extra few bucks.

I'm also interested in knowing the lounge situation, cant find any info either. If nobody answers by then I'll be sure to post on my way home in mid-July.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 7:53 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chavala
No no not Hatten! Two Islands is the one. They get the grapes from Australia and process it here in Bali, so no insane import tax. Its 18,000 rupiah (18usd) compared to Hatten's 11,000, but it doesn't give me a migraine and make me vomit so well worth the extra few bucks.

I'm also interested in knowing the lounge situation, cant find any info either. If nobody answers by then I'll be sure to post on my way home in mid-July.
18K rupiah? Heh, I think you're missing a digit.

Anyway, is the old (gnarly) terminal completely closed? I won't miss that place one bit.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: QF QR Silver, DJ,TG,MH
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
18K rupiah? Heh, I think you're missing a digit.

Anyway, is the old (gnarly) terminal completely closed? I won't miss that place one bit.
I thought old international gnarly was to become the new domestic.
It was the old domestic that was for the high jump.

What happened to the wine label, "Wine of the Gods". Now that was a tasty one ...
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:32 am

Lounge was temp one as of middle of May when I was there.

Originally Posted by farbster
I'd agree with Chavala on that. See how many flights are coming in, and then it depends on how comfortable you are navigating the process. I've never paid for a VIP service, and Bali seemed easy to navigate to me with a 10 a.m. -ish arrival. But I've gone through VOA in many places, and Bali was comparatively easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.