Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Anyone used www.myvietnamvisa.com?

Old Jan 12, 2013, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines

Going to Vietnam March 1. Trying to decide whether to go the normal Visa route through the Vietnam embassy ($100) or use www.myvietnamvisa.com, which promises a visa-on-arrival for $65.

Obviously would prefer the cheaper option, but slightly hesitant to take the risk. Curious if anyone else has done it. Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2013, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by crewusa1
Going to Vietnam March 1. Trying to decide whether to go the normal Visa route through the Vietnam embassy ($100) or use www.myvietnamvisa.com, which promises a visa-on-arrival for $65.

Obviously would prefer the cheaper option, but slightly hesitant to take the risk. Curious if anyone else has done it. Thanks!
I did and it worked.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 7:35 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk.

If you search (in the dark blue bar up top) for

myvietnamvisa

you will find others who have mentioned it in the past or used them. You may want to drop them a message with any questions you have

Some examples

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...com-legit.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...a-vietnam.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...-4-86-cpm.html

and others.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:36 am

Programs: UA Gold
I used http://www.vietnamvisapro.net back in October (my original visa/passport got stolen right before I left) for a rush job for $30-40. They did an awesome job.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Bear in mind you'll have to pay a further $25 for visa on arrival if you have the approval letter.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by crewusa1

My gf and I used this service three weeks ago. It worked flawlessly. We placed the order on 12/18 and we landed in Vietnam on 12/25. We even forgot to bring passport photos on our trip; but the visa staff at the Vietnam airport (SGN) took the photos on the spot for a small fee.

Originally Posted by stifle
Bear in mind you'll have to pay a further $25 for visa on arrival if you have the approval letter.
Not exactly. First of all, the fee at the airport is now $45, not $25. Second, the OP said that the total fee is $65, which would include the $45 fee to be paid at the airport. myvietnamvisa.com is only paid $19.99 for the service.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know if a US citizen can apply for a Vietnamese tourist visa at a Vietnamese embassy in a foreign country? Or do you have to be in your home country to apply in person? I will be in Madrid for a week and am hoping to apply for it in person while there. I am arriving on a cruise, and just noticed that this website does not provide letters for those arriving via boat.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:50 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
For more discussion, please follow the thread as it moves to the Asia forum, where travel to Vietnam is regularly discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Please see the wiki in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...solidated.html thread in this forum, and post any additional questions there.

Good luck, and safe travels!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.