Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Komodo from DPS

Komodo from DPS

Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by A380 Flyer
I think a day trip is ok to Flores from Bali, but only if you're not into diving. At the time I was not a diver (since then I dived at Bunaken in Sulawesi though ), but the chance to see the Komodo Dragons was a great opportunity. I really feel the lesser known facets of Flores need to be explored more, such as Kelimutu, and Manggarai. Accommodation is not great on Flores, but with more and more flights arriving at Labuan Bajo every month (and maybe an international flight to Singapore soon), I hope more hotels pop up, especially at Kanawa Island.
I'll agree (with the exception of diving, which I haven't gotten into). While seeing the dragons is a great experience a 1 day trip doesn't allow for much more than saying, 'i saw the dragons'.

Flores is a very cool locale and I relish the 7 days i was there in 2008. Kelimutu at dawn, Chistian/animist in the highlands, Muslim fishing villages etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.