Reload this Page >

Bali driver / car service recommendations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bali driver / car service recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2005, 8:27 am

I have used Wayan Sueta for driving all around the DPS area up to the volcano and to Ubud where he lives. He is a wounderful driver, speaks excellent English, and knows the island. His rates are fair and I would use him again without question.

Contact him at www.hiddenbali.com or at [email protected]
Old Feb 7, 2006, 11:54 am

Just came across this thread searching for something else...

But I'll add one more to the "we used Wayan" brigade. We used him in spring 2004 for a total of 7 days. I recall that his day-rate did come down when we added more days, but I think we paid about $33/day.

Wayan seemed to know every road, tourist attraction and person in the country. He even arranged to have our laundry done, and picked it up for us the next day. He had no problems leaving as early in the morning as we wanted (including a very early pick-up to see the sunrise on Mt. Batur).
Old Feb 28, 2006, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Bali Driver

I have the interesting dilema of having to choose between Wayan and Dewa. Based on the recomendations from the board I contacted both regarding a future visit.

I expecting one to not be available. But, circumstance would have it that both are available. Wayan is more expensive wth a 500,000IDR difference. Both have offered a similar propsed itinerary and both come recomended from the board.

I would appreciate insight as well as additional feedback on each drivers services to make a distinction and decision.

Of course, please add places you visited and would suggest.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Delta Platnium
I was in Bali last summer and did use Dewa.

He was an excellent driver. Always on time... warned us about what we needed to be careful of. Took us to all sorts of great places. Did not once complain about the time. In fact, one night, after a long day, we told him we wanted to make reservations at Ku De Ta (highly recommended). He took us right there, and told us to go in and have a drink, and he waited for us outside.

The only thing that he did not do, that I would have liked to was to get out of the car and go with us. He would drop us off and wait for us... he never entered any of the places. I don't know if this is standard procedure, or if he did it to give us our privacy. Also, we did not go on any hikes.

I do recommend him, though...
Old Mar 1, 2006, 2:39 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by mjcasta
I have the interesting dilema of having to choose between Wayan and Dewa. Based on the recomendations from the board I contacted both regarding a future visit.

I expecting one to not be available. But, circumstance would have it that both are available. Wayan is more expensive wth a 500,000IDR difference. Both have offered a similar propsed itinerary and both come recomended from the board.

I would appreciate insight as well as additional feedback on each drivers services to make a distinction and decision.

Of course, please add places you visited and would suggest.
I was in the same position and chose to split time between both.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by Galla47

The only thing that he did not do, that I would have liked to was to get out of the car and go with us. He would drop us off and wait for us... he never entered any of the places. I don't know if this is standard procedure, or if he did it to give us our privacy. Also, we did not go on any hikes.

I am rather surprised that he did not join you for the site visits... because if he is a guide, it should be part of his duty...
Old Mar 2, 2006, 7:26 am

Wayan Sueta
Old Mar 2, 2006, 9:58 am

I have heard about Wayan's good reputation, but he is based in Ubud, so it may not be so convenient to use his services if someone is based in Jimbaran or Nusa Dua, for instance.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 11:13 am

I would contact Wayan and ask him- if he agrees to be your guide, he will be the one to endure the inconvenience. I can only attest to his professionalism, punctuality, knowledge and his enjoyment in sharing his heritage with others.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 9:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Bali Driver

I have reserved Wayan and will advise regarding experience upon my return later this month.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Galla47

He was an excellent driver. Always on time... warned us about what we needed to be careful of. Took us to all sorts of great places. Did not once complain about the time. In fact, one night, after a long day, we told him we wanted to make reservations at Ku De Ta (highly recommended). He took us right there, and told us to go in and have a drink, and he waited for us outside.

Greetings! From what I have been told in the past, only certain licensed tour guides are allowed to enter certain areas to show individuals around. I noticed that some individuals were wearing special tags around their necks when entering the special temples. If your driver has not paid the special fees and has not taken the exams, he may not be an authorized guide to take you through the sites. He may also need to pay additional fees to accompany you. However, the information I received may not be correct.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 7:19 am

Programs: KF, SPG
Thanks to this thread I was able to book a guide/driver before I landed in Bali. I used Dewa Nyoman, he is very humble and knows bali very well. If somebody wants to contact him he can be reached at 62 8123970779 his website is Http://www.baliexplore.com. He charged me RPH 300,000 per day.

If anybody needs more info PM me.
Old May 5, 2006, 3:15 am

Programs: UA PremExec,AAmm,*wood Plat, Hilt DVIP
Originally Posted by bigboofer
I have used Wayan Sueta for driving all around the DPS area up to the volcano and to Ubud where he lives. He is a wounderful driver, speaks excellent English, and knows the island. His rates are fair and I would use him again without question.

Contact him at www.hiddenbali.com or at [email protected]
My wife and I just returned from 10 days in Bali. We couldn't say enough about our experience with Sueta. He made the touring part of our trip very memorable. His patience driving will make you very comfortable in what can be some tense road conditions. His knowledge of the island is very deep, yet the many stories and history he shares are in no way boring. He is a very nice guy, a great value!

Let him know what your objectives/priorities are in advance and he'll help you create an agenda.

ps: We did 6 nights NuaDusa-Conrad is awesome!! then 3 nights Ubud at Villa Agung Raku-nice setting in rice fields, it's no Conrad. (Probably should have done Conrad last)
Old May 5, 2006, 8:08 am

Wayan Sueta continues to earn the kudos of all of us who are lucky to meet him. Please continue to recommned him. I recently met a family on a plane on my way to Vietnam and they were going on to Bali and had not planned to use a driver. I launched in to the value of having a driver and the virtue of hiring Wayan and when they returned they reported that having Wayan as their guide was the best part of their trip!
Old May 10, 2006, 6:53 am

I was in Bali last year aswell, i hooked up with this man in Sanur, he had a new 4wd something, and charged us 45 USD a day(all incl), we booked him for 3 days, and he drove us all around Bali, incl. in the trip was a dolphin tour up in lovina operated by some family of his, unfortunately i have lost his phone number.
if of any help he sat opposite the very orange restaurant in sanur(orange flags and stuff, it also had a pagoda built on stakes over a pool)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.