Advice needed Bali 7 nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice needed Bali 7 nights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
We are flying from NY next year and will have full 8 days in Bali with our son who will be 3yo. We are thinking 4 nights in Bali Hyatt in Sanur to get over the jetlag and next 4 nights in Ubud. Is this a good split or should we spend more/less nights at Ubud?

We've never been to Bali and want to be at a hotel that is walking distance to local shops/restaurants/spas, etc. We get bored if we stay in a resort all day and don't want to be stuck with hotel restaurants only. I am not sure if hotels in Jimbaran/Seminyak are close to the towns? What area/hotel is more kid friendly?
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:53 am

So budget is a deal to make it first, i consider that if villa is not compatible to be because of the high cost, there is still another choice for villa with lower cost less than $200 i guess
it depends on which atmosphere do you want to stay, it still depends on the choice you will make it now.
Hotel would be another choice if the villa does not acceptable, considering for the budget there are many hotels in some places in Bali with the low cost for sure but first of all you have to decide where you will stay in Bali
Old Aug 27, 2012, 7:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yoonny
We are flying from NY next year and will have full 8 days in Bali with our son who will be 3yo. We are thinking 4 nights in Bali Hyatt in Sanur to get over the jetlag and next 4 nights in Ubud. Is this a good split or should we spend more/less nights at Ubud?

We've never been to Bali and want to be at a hotel that is walking distance to local shops/restaurants/spas, etc. We get bored if we stay in a resort all day and don't want to be stuck with hotel restaurants only. I am not sure if hotels in Jimbaran/Seminyak are close to the towns? What area/hotel is more kid friendly?
Well, what do you want to see in Bali? Ubud is in the middle of the island, it's to experience art & culture. If you want to see the beach, spending 4 nights in Ubud will be too long. Seminyak & kuta area is near the beach, local shops, restaurants, etc and there will many activities available to you. Jimbaran is near the beach but more secluded.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AK, UN, CN
Originally Posted by yoonny

Sanur is quiet and good for walking. It has a nice boardwalk on the ocean. It's east facing so no sunsets.

For $60/day you can hire a driver to take you all over the island. It's small enough that you can see most things and get back home by night.

Ubud is quite boring and very crowded these days with traffic. Its best managed on foot but if you have a 3yo it might be hectic. Again, you can day-trip it, and if you like it, move up there.

Hotels are wide open now so no real need to make firm reservations. Let Agoda be your friend.

Need any help send me a PM.

Peace,
Ryan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.