Nightlife in Johor Bahru (Malaysia)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nightlife in Johor Bahru (Malaysia)?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2012, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Nightlife in Johor Bahru (Malaysia)?

Hi All,

I'm stuck in Johor Bahru for two weeks visiting family and wanted to invite a few friends up from Singapore to hang out for dinner + drinks.

I haven't been to JB in 6 years, and I have no idea what to do. Does anyone have any recommendations? Any cool bars/nightclubs/things to do late at night? What's closing time like in JB?

Do let me know. Thanks everyone!

BLT
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:09 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Well, a bit on a tangent but...there's a Yemeni restaurant in the Puteri Pacific Hotel. Not bad, and generally not the most common cuisine out there...
Old May 4, 2012, 6:40 am

JB's nightlife is pretty dodgy, not much beyond KTV joints with various sorts of hanky-panky going on.

There are some very good restaurants though, we used to make the pilgrimage across the Causeway solely to eat at Jang Won Korean Charcoal BBQ Restaurant, which is way better than it sounds or looks; good range of funky Korean drinks too (mm, makgeolli...) Then traipse over to ZON right next door to continue the party at a bunch of nightclubs and bars (and while there are no pole dancers, it's not quite as "wholesome" as the website promises!).
Old May 4, 2012, 10:40 am
Original Poster

JB's nightlife is pretty dodgy, not much beyond KTV joints with various sorts of hanky-panky going on.
Sweet. Just my kind of scene.

Just kidding! Thanks for the great advice. What exactly is at ZON? I heard about that place, but wasn't entirely sure what's good based on their website? Would you mind giving me a breakdown of which club caters to what type of crowd/scene? Thanks again so much! ^
Old May 9, 2012, 4:39 am

You can try the night markets that have been outlawed in S'pore. SIngapore visitors may enjoy cheaper food and drinks, as well as local JB food.

Originally Posted by BLTan
Hi All,

I'm stuck in Johor Bahru for two weeks visiting family and wanted to invite a few friends up from Singapore to hang out for dinner + drinks.

I haven't been to JB in 6 years, and I have no idea what to do. Does anyone have any recommendations? Any cool bars/nightclubs/things to do late at night? What's closing time like in JB?

Do let me know. Thanks everyone!

BLT
Old May 13, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Any update on this. Visiting JB in few weeks and would love to find a nice place to have a cigar and a drink and hangout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.