Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

help with 12 days in indonesia

Old Feb 19, 2012, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Hello all -- wanted to get some opinions from the aman experts out there. My wife and I are spending the 1st weeks of July in the Bali area. no definite plans yet... in terms of where we'll be staying and what we'll be seeing. made a logistical error last year -- was in the maldives for 8 days and tried to do 2 resorts. worked out OK, but in retrospect, I was so happy at the O&O Reethi Rah resort that I wished we didn't have to leave for the second.

Back to Bali -- I love cultural quests and the outdoors/ocean. my wife loves to relax and she loves the spa experience. The aman resorts in Bali and Java look wonderful, and they have a "beyond Bali experience". for my first time in indonesia (my wife's second) -- am I pushing it travel wise to try to do Java (Amanjiwo) or amanwana? I also thought about doing only one week in Bali (prob amankila) and then transferring to REP to see Angkor (and staying at Amansara). lots of options I know, but we want a great trip hopefully without any headaches. any opinions greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:56 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

scottandtracy, you are asking for a lot of information on the Luxury Hotels Forum. No doubt, you will find many answers on this forum. I suggest that you do a bit of research on Indonesia. Another great option is to do a search on the Trip Reports Forum of Flyertalk. Some of the greatest info on Bali is found in the Trip Reports Forum.
Once you have done a bit a research and have questions about specific luxury hotels, I'll bet Luxury Forum will be of use. I am moving this Thread to the Indonesia Forum. However, I suggest that you pay close attention to Trip Reports and Luxury Hotels. Bear in mind, that posting in multiple forums is a violation
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by scottandtracy

Back to Bali -- I love cultural quests and the outdoors/ocean. my wife loves to relax and she loves the spa experience. The aman resorts in Bali and Java look wonderful, and they have a "beyond Bali experience". for my first time in indonesia (my wife's second) -- am I pushing it travel wise to try to do Java (Amanjiwo) or amanwana? I also thought about doing only one week in Bali (prob amankila) and then transferring to REP to see Angkor (and staying at Amansara). lots of options I know, but we want a great trip hopefully without any headaches. any opinions greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Firstly might as well make it 2weeks ..... Excluding the flying in and out of home.

Suggest you do amanwana (3) + Kila + Dari (2+2) and fly off to siem reap and ending in Phuket at Sara + Puri ( next 6/7 )"".

Lucky you.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:47 am
Original Poster

bearbrick -- thanks for the suggestions! we've got some work to do on this, but it should be great. phuket is an awesome idea as an add on from cambodia.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

(aman)

bali & beyond at wana and jiwo, then maybe sara

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 20, 2012 at 8:19 pm
Old Feb 20, 2012, 6:52 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
If you like the Maldives you will like tqhe idea of amanjiwo, but if it's temples, go the other way. REP you will love, good food, great shopping and the adventure, either way enjoy it, Indonesia and Cambodia are exceptional, read up on Laos for the next trip
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

thanks everyone. Laos is definitely on the radar for sometime in the next few years...
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

(aman)

could combine sara and taka later

maybe wait on china until lijiang is open, then hit all 3

kora is more expensive

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.