Siem Reap to Yangon visa on arrival

Subscribe
I read that Myanmar still offers visa on arrival for flights from Siem Reap.
Does anyone know if this is offered?
Thanks
dan
Quote: I read that Myanmar still offers visa on arrival for flights from Siem Reap.
Does anyone know if this is offered?
Thanks
dan
This is a relatively new development so I'm not sure why you're saying they 'still offer' a VOA.

AFAIK this is currently in effect.
Quote: This is a relatively new development so I'm not sure why you're saying they 'still offer' a VOA.

AFAIK this is currently in effect.
Thanks Dsquared 37

I've read on the several websites that VOA was suspended Sept, 2010 at both Yangon and Mandalay airports.

Also read that it VOA is only available (now) on flights departing S.R. on
Myanmar Int'l flights. There is nothing on their website that metions it.

thanks,
d
A true Visa-on-Arrival as used normally is not accurate. This implies just rocking up on any flight to Myanmar and buying a visa on the spot, without advance arrangements--similar to buying a tourist visa in Laos or Cambodia. AFAIK, Myanmar has never allowed this though they did briefly have an e-visa service. The terminology you may be looking for is "pre-arranged visa" not true VOA. This is a visa that is pre-arranged through an agent or online methodology, then put in your passport when you arrive at the airport on the designated flight. That's what Myanmar discontinued a while back. And even then, I thought they limited it to citizens of countries where there was no Myanmar Embassy. However, I have heard that Myanmar has recently re-instated prearranged visas but I've not looked for corroborating details anywhere. I suggest you contact the airline directly and ask. If no definitive reply and assistance with prearrangement paperwork is forthcoming, do the safe thing and get a visa the old fashioned way, in advance at a Myanmar mission.

From the internet, here's something recent. Note that they use the VOA terminology, but it is in fact prearrangement and payment in advance. Read carefully for the overall processing time.
Thanks Jiejie,

I got a confirmation from Asianventure Tours that "pre arranged" visas are currently available and do require an approval letter beforehand. I appreciate
your help and detailed information.

Thanks again,
Dan
Myanmar did operate a true visa on arrival system for about 6 months where anyone could turn up and get buy a visa on arrival. this was stopped just before the elections in 2010.

As far as I know there is still a visa on arrival for the Siem Repp - Yangon flight by MIA. At least I have not heard anywhere that they have cancelled it.

For a long time they have operated and still do operate a pick your pre-arranged visa up at the airport.