Reload this Page >

Visa / VOA Info for Myanmar/Burma

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ianmanka
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Myanmar's Ministry of Immigration and Population e-visa program began September, 2014. The process is available online to visitors from 101 countries, incurs a cost of USD $50 (as opposed to $40 at an embassy) charged to a secure Visa card and takes three (business) days for an approval e-mail. Print the e-mail for airport use and present it on arrival at Yangon, Mandalay or Nay Pyi Taw airports. The cost for a business visa is US$70 and requires an invitation letter from host company.

Ordinary passport holders from the following countries are giving [given?] visa exemption for 14 days-
Brunei
Cambodia
Indonesia
Laos
Philippines
Thailand (Three International Airports Only)
Viet Nam

Updated September 9th, 2015

For a US citizen, a regular visa can be obtained before leaving the USA. You can download the form from the website, http://www.mewashingtondc.com/visa_en.php
You must mail your passport, completed form and payment to the embassy in Washington DC. As of December 2016, the fee for a tourist visa has been increased to $40.
Updated January 30th, 2017

Print Wikipost

Visa / VOA Info for Myanmar/Burma

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold
evisa payment denied

I just tried to do the evisa online and got all the way to the pay screen. My payment was denied. I called the credit card and they said it wasn't them.

Anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions of how to make this work?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 6MM, Hilton Diamond
I did my eVisa last week and did not have any credit card payment problem.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan
I just tried to do the evisa online and got all the way to the pay screen. My payment was denied. I called the credit card and they said it wasn't them.

Anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions of how to make this work?
My Mastercard would not work.
I had to use a Visa card that is enrolled in the Verified by Visa programme.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:14 pm

Thumbs down frustrated with web site

I tried to use a VISA that is enrolled in verified program. I will try later with other cards. The web site isn't loading fully on my work computer/internet service. I will; try at home where I have a better internet service. I will also try other credit cards. I called the TA and they said they can no longer do this for me now that the evisa is online.

update: by switching to safari browser and using a different Chase Visa card I was able to get my evisa application to go through. I will do my husband's over the weekend while he is around to take the picture. I was not able to get photos from my HD to upload and had to take one of me. I hope the gov't officials won't reject me when I arrive and don't look anything like the person in the visa photo-it's horrid.

Last edited by susiesan; Sep 20, 2014 at 12:11 pm
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:51 pm

Smile that was fast

I submitted the eVisa application and credit card payment for my Myanmar visa Sept. 19. I got the approval letter Sept. 25. Once you get it to work, it is very fast. I submitted my husband's info the next day so his email letter should come tomorrow.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:02 am

Myanmar Visa application

Can a tourist get a visa at Yangon Airport?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:06 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Elfie
Can a tourist get a visa at Yangon Airport?
It depends on the details applicable to a given situation. There is some visa issuance done at RGN, but it involves qualifying for such process in advance of travel. The pre-arranged, visa formalities completed on arrival at RGN for US citizens were for business visits -- and is indicated herein had to be arranged for prior to getting on the flights to RGN.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: CX Silver
My understanding is that there is no longer a visa on arrival scheme for tourists, but that you have two options:

* Get a visa the traditional way, at your local Myanmar embassy or consulate. In the US, I believe this costs $25.

* If you are a citizen of something like 65 different countries, apply online for an e-visa. This costs US$50, and is supposed to take three to five business days. I got mine five days after applying. You get an email which you then print and a) show to the airline and b) give to the immigration officer in Yangon. This only works at Yangon airport for the moment, but apparently there are plans to expand it to the other ports of entry.

I haven't used my e-visa yet. I, unfortunately, have to wait a few more weeks!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 10:56 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk Elfie. Please follow this thread in the FT Asia Forum.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:18 pm

I can report that entering Myanmar with the e visa went smoothly on Nov. 2 arrival at RGN. Coming in at 11:05 pm it was good not to have any hassles or problems (other than no lugggage) to deal with.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:03 am

July 3 2015 Update

This thread has been quiet and wanted to share update with all.

I just applied on-line for tourist eVisa. The application was via the official government site: http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/ so the cost was only US$50 as opposed to other sites that worked in the past with a service fee.

Although the site indicates expect it within 3 working days, mine was approved and delivered via email in less than 24 hours.

I've also updated the wiki with the correct website link.

Last edited by dtsm; Jul 3, 2015 at 5:10 am
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by dtsm

I just applied on-line for tourist eVisa. The application was via the official government site: http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/ so the cost was only US$50 as opposed to other sites that worked in the past with a service fee.

Although the site indicates expect it within 3 working days, mine was approved and delivered via email in less than 24 hours.

Much appreciated as I have friends trying to decide whether to go the e-visa route or the old fashioned way through a consulate or embassy. They're a little nervous of the new e-visa technology but it seems so much easier and faster. Any recent updates from those here using the website above?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
Much appreciated as I have friends trying to decide whether to go the e-visa route or the old fashioned way through a consulate or embassy.
Posting from yangon, arrived Tuesday am with the printed eVisa, and smooth as silk!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dtsm

Was there 3 weeks ago. Took the printed evisa straight to immigration. No problem.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:51 am

Programs: AA exp, Marriott Amb
Originally Posted by andaman C
Was there 3 weeks ago. Took the printed evisa straight to immigration. No problem.
Same experience for me. 24 hours for the eVisa to be approved, bring a printed copy to the immigration desk and you're on your way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.