Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

How to go to Abdul Aziz Shah Airport from Kuala Lumpur Internation Airpot?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:57 am
Original Poster

Hi!

I am traveling to Malaysia with spouse. My Flight reaches Kuala Lumpur International Airport @ 6.15 AM on 5th Nov. I have planned to go to Langkawi thereafter and my Kuala Lumpur - Langkawi flight is from Abdul Aziz Shah Airport @ 10.50 AM.

Can someone please guide me about how do I go to the Abdul Aziz Shah Airport from Kuala Lumpur International Airport?
Old Nov 1, 2011, 6:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Take a taxi - it is the fastest way that. Once you collect your bags and clear customs, before you get airside, you will see counter with a list of prices for the taxi fares to various zones in Kuala Lumpur. Mention that you want to the get to "Subang Airport" which is the old KUL airport. It is a lot closer to the KLIA than the town centre. Fare should be around RM47.30 for a budget taxi and RM77.10 for a premier taxi.

The traffic should not too bad on a Saturday morning.

And welcome to FlyerTalk
Old Nov 2, 2011, 5:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Cathay - Diamond
There no way they will take you for 47RM. More like double that, but yes Taxi is easiest way it will take about 45 mins. Oot of interest why didnt you book a flight from KLIA with say Air Asia, its so cheap.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 6:04 am

You're basically going from KLIA Sepang (the KL International Airport) to Subang Airport (KL city airport)

LOL.

If I wanted to be super cheap, and had plenty of time
- Express Train to KL sentral
- Take the KTM commuter rail to Subang Jaya
- Get a taxi to take you to SZB airport. Maybe RM 20-25?. This might be a challenge, but there is mall, major street from the rail stop where you can get a cab.

From KLIA, a airport cab will probably charge you RM 80, thereabouts.

If I wanted to make my life easy
- I would not have booked a flight that leaves from SZB.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 7:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by meFIRST
From KLIA, a airport cab will probably charge you RM 80, thereabouts.
MYR80 should get you all the way into the city.

The rate indicated on Post 2 above is probably correct before they increased the fare. If I have to guess it's probably around MYR50-60 now.

Due to the proximity of SZB to the city, there is usually a premium on the fares for flights using this airport compared to those flying out of KUL. And you would probably be flying an ATR72 which is fun but not so good if you have sensitive ears.

I am also guessing that the OP has probably booked the KUL-LGK flight on FY which has recently cancelled all services from KUL (due to directive from the local aviation tyrant) and was offered SZB-LGK as an alternative. My suggestion to the OP is to tell them you don't want to fly from SZB and ask to be put on an MH flight which uses KUL.

Last edited by mario33; Nov 2, 2011 at 7:48 am
Old Nov 4, 2011, 5:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Cathay - Diamond
I was there about 2 weeks ago and the distance to the airport is not far short of 85km. What I tend to do is use the black taxi rather than the red ones that sound like they will fall apart any moment. They are usually filthy inside as well. If you find a good driver you can always ask them for future trips to give you their number and I normally pay from down town to KUL 100 MYR using the fast toll route. Dont book your taxi via a hotel they normally bump it up to at least 150 MYR.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:51 am
Suspended

Official fare from the city to KUL is MYR65 for an airport taxi. Never been into a filthy one before , but been into a couple which reeks of cigarette smell. The condition of these vehicles is generally better than the city taxis.

Don't know why some choose to pay almost twice the official fare ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.