Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by cmdsea
Firstly as both airlines are located in T1 and Im transferring international to international as a transit passenger I am assuming I dont need to exit airside to transfer luggage etc or need to pay the PHP750 departure tax.. Have read that signage/crowds/queues are all an issue at this airport so anyone with direct experience of transit desks etc feedback would be gratefully received..!
Yes, you don't have to pay the terminal fee, and no, signage is no longer a problem at the terminal. The transfer desk at NAIA-1 has a BIG illuminated sign for the use of those who will be transiting.

If your bags are checked through, you don't have to worry about getting your bags and checking in again.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: Delta PM/SC Member
having just been to MNL in mid-october i can tell you that this has not been remedied. my female coworker went to the restroom outside of the baggage carousel and barely came out alive it was so disgusting. this airport is a hellhole. and, in fact, was just officially voted the world's worst.
http://araymanila.wordpress.com/2011...-in-the-world/

i can't say much more for the city. although the people were some of the nicest i had ever met. at least in the service industry.

Originally Posted by whughes3
I was rather bemused to note an article in the "Philippine Inquirer" today:

Well, that's comforting to know!

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquire...-clean-toilets
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by jkramer65
having just been to MNL in mid-october i can tell you that this has not been remedied. my female coworker went to the restroom outside of the baggage carousel and barely came out alive it was so disgusting. this airport is a hellhole. and, in fact, was just officially voted the world's worst.
http://araymanila.wordpress.com/2011...-in-the-world/

i can't say much more for the city. although the people were some of the nicest i had ever met. at least in the service industry.
Instead of sinking more money into T1's not built to spec mechanical and the business facilitation fees it would be cheaper to blow it up and build a new one.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: Delta PM/SC Member
agreed. burn that thing to the ground.

Originally Posted by tentseller
Instead of sinking more money into T1's not built to spec mechanical and the business facilitation fees it would be cheaper to blow it up and build a new one.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:34 am

Programs: Jet Airways, Kingfisher
Connecting Times at Manila Airport

I am planning to fly in to Manila Terminal 2 via Phillippines Airlines flight from Delhi. The flight is scheduled to arrive at 13.50. I am then travelling onwards to Caticlan (Boracay) through Air Phillippines flight PR 073 (PAL doesn't fly to Caticlan). However, the latest flight to Caticlan is at 16.00. There is no flight after that time which I find really strange. This flight will depart from Terminal 3.

Can anyone please help advise if the 2hours 10 minutes connection will be sufficient. As per PAL, the minimum connection time required is 2 hours. But I'm not so sure of this because
1) I will have baggage to collect and then check-in again at T-3 (check through facility is not available);
2) I think I will need to clear customs and immigration?
3) I don't think Terminal 2 and Terminal 3 are connected internally, i.e. I will have to take a taxi/bus to reach the other terminal

Please let me know if you guys think this connection makes sense...
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:31 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, dhruvonium. Please follow this thread in the Asia Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:05 pm

If you booked through PR (meaning all sectors are PR-coded), try asking if they provide free transfers between NAIA Terminals 2 and 3. I know they provide transfers between Terminals 1 and 2, but I don't know about 2 and 3. In the event that they don't, take the inter-terminal shuttle bus. Also, if all sectors are PR-coded on one ticket, the bag should be checked through all the way to MPH.

As to why the last flight is at 4:00 pm: MPH is a SR-SS (sunrise-sunset) airport and flights need to leave before the sun sets as the airport is not equipped to handle night landings.

Anyway, I hope you have a nice time in Boracay! (And don't forget to write a trip report, too!)
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
2 Hours is doable but cutting it very close. I'd be more than a little hesitant to do that. If nothing was late and everything went right, it is possible, but no margin for error. MNL is not an airport where you can count on everything going right. Immigration can take 5 minutes or over an hour depending on your luck. For that schedule I would only consider a taxi for transferring terminals but a Yellow airport meter taxi terminal 2 to terminal 3 should only be ~160 Piso on the meter (~$4 USD) so no big deal taking a taxi. The ride could take 20 minutes or more if traffic is bad though.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 12:36 am

Thanks for your replies

Akiestar - Both the flights are PR coded (PR 0753 and PR 73), but the second one is operated by Air Phillippines. Hence, I am not sure if the baggages would be checked through. I think if that is done, then it will definitely help save a lot of time!
Would you know if PR would compensate (i.e. provide overnight acco etc) in case I miss the second flight due to delay on the first?
Old Dec 10, 2011, 4:52 am

I would highly doubt that your baggage would be checked through particularly since you will haveto clear customs when you first land. I'm pretty sure there is nowhere where you can drop your bags to be checked through after. In regards to the transfer, 2 hours seems like you are cutting it close. All could go well, or it could not. You will have to re check in in terminal 3 when you arrive there as you will have to drop your bag off as well.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:32 am

Thanks all...

Decided not to take this connection..now flying CX from DEL-MNL with a stopover in HKG...that will give me enough time to plan the MNL->MPH flight..

BTw, ive asked this on another post, but do airlines flying from MNL - > MPH allow full size baggage for check-in...Both PR and 5J which i checked only allowed 10kgs..will they allow me to pay for the extra baggage at check-in?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 9:48 pm
cja

Programs: UA Prem Exec, DL Gold Medallion
For a hefty overweight luggage fee, the airlines will most likely allow you to check in a large luggage especially as they are used to tourists flying in from overseas, direct to MPH. Check to see if you can "add baggage" when you do your online check-in to save you the trouble and it will costs less. But do try to use a smaller luggage that will be easy to lug around as you transfer from the airport to the jetty, and then to a boat for a short ride to the island. If you get your hotel to arrange your transfer, that will be even better.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:09 am

I know this is late, but had you booked PR, you could have availed of the free airside shuttle. From the PAL website:

Passengers transferring via Manila with confirmed connecting flight on Philippine Airlines and AirPhil Express shall be provided with free airside shuttle service to and from Centennial Terminal 2 and Terminal 3.

The passengers coming from International/Regional flights at Terminal 2 will clear with Immigration, Customs and will claim their baggage at the carousel. The passenger is requested to proceed to the transfer desk for issuance of transit cards and transfer to Terminal 3.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 3:23 pm

When i was planning a trip to Philippines i found this link about the airport and transfers and it was/is quite useful: http://www.silent-gardens.com/air-transfer.php

Word "congested" got a new meaning for me when i witnessed the 100metres long lines for terminal entrance at Terminal 3. As always you can do shorter and your original plan if you are bold enough to always cut lines at immigration/security etc.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:51 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, CX Silver, Global Entry
MNL Terminal Transfers... how bad are they?

Hi Philippines travelers,
I'm heading to Manila in a couple of weeks for the first time. After my time in country, I'd like to head from there to Singapore for 3 days, then must return to Manila to catch my return flight. Unfortunately, there only seem to be a few LCC's that operate out of Terminal 1, and their times don't align well with my schedule. I've read that terminal transfers can be pretty bad at MNL since you're basically exiting the airport, then re-entering at the next terminal. Any advice from those here familiar with the airport or that have done transfers?

My Emirates return flight leaves at 6:50pm from Terminal 1. Jetstar and Tiger's evening flights arrive after this, so I'd have to take a very early morning departure from Singapore (6:25 am) and deal with an 8+ hour layover in what is reputed to be one of the world's worst airports for waiting around. If I could take Philippine Air, the times are much better, but I'd have to transfer terminals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.