Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Driver recommendation for Sri Lanka?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SirJman
In Colombo - Kangaroo Cabs (especially when coming from the airport, only 1750! Book in advance, call when you arrive to avoid the "paging" fee)

In Galle - Red Cabs. Much cheaper than any tourist-gouging tuk tuk (but call early, they usually get booked up).

Pick up a free Sim card at immigration (one per person) and use the free 50rs credit to make a couple taxi bookings.
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Good advice- even better are the paid sim cards which also include 3G data available immediately on exit- for about 12 EUR (I don't recall the exit equivalent in Sri Lanka currency) there was a 30 day internet package and enough credit for a few local calls. Definitely worth the money from Mobitel.
Forgot to check the thread. Thanks for the advice guys!
Old Feb 20, 2015, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SirJman
In Colombo - Kangaroo Cabs (especially when coming from the airport, only 1750! Book in advance, call when you arrive to avoid the "paging" fee)
A wholehearted thanks for the tip. And a huge endorsement for this company, responsive on email, courteous, reliable, and clean cabs. ^ www.2588588.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.