Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visa / VOA Info for Cambodia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dsquared37
There are times when arriving flights bunch together and the backups can be awful. Outside of that things do appear to move smoothly.
Oh yes of course, but I was talking about the process in itself
Old Aug 31, 2015, 6:47 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Does anyone know how long the online tourist visa application takes to process? Is it even worth applying given how easy it is to get VOA?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Does anyone know how long the online tourist visa application takes to process? Is it even worth applying given how easy it is to get VOA?
I don't have a point of comparison as I got the VOA in REP this past July. We were one of the last pax to get off an AT7 and there were no other flights at the time. Most of our waiting time was fillingout a quarantine form, get our temperature checked, filling out a visa application, and lining up for the visa. There was no line at the immigration counters. Neither the quarantine form nor the visa application was given to us onboard. It took about 30 minutes, which wasn't too bad. Check to see what other flights are coming in at the same time as yours. I'd save the extra $7 for the e-visa for a tuk-tuk ride and a meal .
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:19 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
May take longer if arriving via ICN.

Asiana A321 and (IIRC) 737 Korean Air arrive about the same time late at night, and it was very cozy even before KE pax got off the plane.

I was one of first in Immigration since I don't check luggage, and it was relatively painless.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:07 pm

Luggage is after Immigration. You were up front, walked fast, or both.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by TimUT78
I don't have a point of comparison as I got the VOA in REP this past July. We were one of the last pax to get off an AT7 and there were no other flights at the time. Most of our waiting time was fillingout a quarantine form, get our temperature checked, filling out a visa application, and lining up for the visa. There was no line at the immigration counters. Neither the quarantine form nor the visa application was given to us onboard. It took about 30 minutes, which wasn't too bad. Check to see what other flights are coming in at the same time as yours. I'd save the extra $7 for the e-visa for a tuk-tuk ride and a meal .
I know the gov website says passport photo is required, I'm assuming this is like Laos where you can just pay an extra few bucks if you don't have passport pics? I don't want to run all the way to Costco or CVS to get some pics taken.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I know the gov website says passport photo is required, I'm assuming this is like Laos where you can just pay an extra few bucks if you don't have passport pics? I don't want to run all the way to Costco or CVS to get some pics taken.
I just scan my passport, crop the photo and print an entire sheet of them (on glossy paper if you want to be a stickler about it).
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
I'm Canadian and it took three days to process. Flew SGN-PNH, arrived in the late afternoon and it was a pretty busy area before immigration (the VOA line and a spot where people are filling out forms IIRC) but once I got through that crowd immigration was pretty quick.

I prefer getting visas prior to arrival because I don't like any extra lines but that's just me.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by chavala
I just scan my passport, crop the photo and print an entire sheet of them (on glossy paper if you want to be a stickler about it).
When applying for Myanmar e-visa, took a selfie and they approved it
Old Sep 7, 2015, 8:24 am

I just went through Cambodia about a month ago (August 2015). I got a VOA in Siem Reap. It was very fast. They give you the forms you need on the plane, just make sure you have them filled out, $35.00 USD in Cash (if you are american) and a passport photo. You get off the plane and into the fairly new terminal. First place you walk up to is the Visa desk. You line up, hand them your stuff, go down the line, pay your money, go further down the line ( a row of people behind a counter) and wait for your Visa. I was one of the first 10 people in line so it only took about 5 minutes. I was out of the airport in less than 30 minutes. (I did not have any checked baggage).

No need to get one in advance. The visa is good for 30 days.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: Former PM now a kettle :(
"I'd save the extra $7 for the e-visa for a tuk-tuk ride and a meal ."

Completely agree but they're not called tuk-tuk's in Cambodia.
Name escapes now but non the less, I agree.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by milesk
Completely agree but they're not called tuk-tuk's in Cambodia.
yes they are.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:33 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
yes they are.
They may look different than Thailand, but that's all I heard them called @:-)
Old Sep 10, 2015, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Goldorak
yes they are.
Indeed. You walk down some streets and get the gauntlet call of 'tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk.......n+1'.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Indeed. You walk down some streets and get the gauntlet call of 'tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk.......n+1'.
tuk tuk Sir ? You need tuk tuk ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.