Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America > Argentina
Sign in using an external account

Old Aug 24, 09, 6:17 pm   #1

Airport Lounge Choices at Buenos Aires International

Have a few hours to kill in the afternoon between connecting international flights while passing through B.A.I.A. and was wondering if folks have any preference on which lounge to choose from.

I have a United Red Carpet Club Membership but also can use the Priority Pass card for access to the SALA VIP de las americas, which I'm not familiar with. Is one better than the other in terms of offerings (i.e. food/bev), comfort and/or ammenities.

I arrive on TACA and fly out on LAN--think both airlines operate in international terminal A where the lounges are. Thanks for your feedback.
matthewsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 09, 7:54 pm   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Oh the pathetic pit known as the EZE departure area. If you have unlimited lounge visits with your PP, go to the "Sala del 3o mundo" (oops, de las Americas) so you can appreciate the RCC better. On one occasion, the Sala VIP had a better white wine than the RCC, but it is very small, has generally a horrible snackiecake selection (as does the RCC), and isn't conducive to relaxation. It can also get quite warm. The computer terminals don't work so well.

The RCC would be more comfortable at most hours, unless it is right before UA/AC/LH flight times, when it can get busy. I usually fly LAN out of there, so I have access to the AA lounge, too, which is no better than the UA RCC.
Eastbay1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 09, 8:01 pm   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
ps - you might want to report this as a "bad post" and have it moved to the Argentina sub-forum for more replies. pps - the airport isn't known as BAIA in any circles. EZE is how it is usually called around these parts.
Eastbay1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 09, 11:26 am   #4

Programs: UA 1K MM
There's free WiFi in the EZE RCC if that's any help.

John
Old Aug 25, 09, 12:13 pm   #5
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
ps - you might want to report this as a "bad post" and have it moved to the Argentina sub-forum for more replies. pps - the airport isn't known as BAIA in any circles. EZE is how it is usually called around these parts.
EZE is only understood on these boards and around airline staff... you'd better say Ezeiza if you want 'normal' folks to understand what you are talking about.
Old Aug 25, 09, 6:29 pm   #6
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K View Post
EZE is only understood on these boards and around airline staff... you'd better say Ezeiza if you want 'normal' folks to understand what you are talking about.
I would say normal folks would just know it as Buenos Aires Airport. Only nerds know it as EZE.
HIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 09, 6:31 pm   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
I would say normal folks would just know it as Buenos Aires Airport. Only nerds know it as EZE.
+1
Old Aug 25, 09, 6:46 pm   #8
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having done some lounge hopping overt he weekend in EZE with my AA EXP, AMEX Platinum Card, and Priority Pass card I break the lounges in three strata

Ok to Good
IB (Via Status and Class of Service)
- small but not overwhelming and packed as AA
AA (Via Status, Membership, and Class of Service)
- packed packed packed but has windows open to the transfer corridor and ramp
UA (Via PP)
- packed packed no windows.

EEEEEkkkkkK!
AMEX Centruion Lounge (They had plastic Cups and no liquor - ...??! This lounge was far better in 2008)
Sala VIP - small dark danky
HNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 09, 7:06 pm   #9

To think that the local Amex people try to sell the Centurion Lounge at EZE as a benefit when they try to sell you Amex Corporate Cards.....
Old Aug 25, 09, 7:32 pm   #10
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes the Amex wasn't one of the best I have been in, the last time I visited a couple of years ago. Horrible toilet and shower as well.......no idea why they bothered with a bar tender as there was very little in the food and drink department worth taking.

The Admirals Club is not too bad although it was pretty busy before our Qantas flight. Previous to that visit it was very quiet before our BA flight and was much more enjoyable. I can imagine it must get busy when the AA flights leave.
HIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 09, 3:26 pm   #11
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K View Post
And your god firbid that you actually end up in Jose Maria Ezeiza proper. I did last Saturday. Notice there's a federal penitentiary on the east side of the airport perimeter.