Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

New Argentine immigration form

Old Sep 10, 2008, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM

Over the past couple of months the Argentine government has been phasing in a new immigration form, although some airlines still have stocks of the old ones.

Previously, a dual part (one part for arrival, another for departure) form was used - the old yellow and red forms. The new one is a single form that needs to be filled out every time you enter or exit the country. Now you surrender the whole form to the immigration agent.

The annoying thing is that you have to remember to pick up one of the forms when you are checking in at EZE, and then find some place to fill it in. There is a small desk before the tensabarriers where you queue up for immigration, and just before the immigration booths there is a desk with extra forms (although they were having trouble keeping them stocked a couple of days ago).

John
Old Sep 10, 2008, 8:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The beauty of the new form is you can fill it in online, print it out and take it with you to the airport so you are ready to go and don't have to waste time filling it in at the airport.

Here's the link in English: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/acceso...eta.php?i=INGL

and in Spanish: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/tarjet...hp?idioma=ESPA

You have to cut the form where indicated and will have 2 parts. One is for entering the country and the other part is surrendered when you leave (or vice versa for residents in Argentina).

I printed mine out a couple of weeks ago and it worked a treat!
Old Sep 11, 2008, 6:34 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
Originally Posted by britenbsas
The beauty of the new form is you can fill it in online, print it out and take it with you to the airport so you are ready to go and don't have to waste time filling it in at the airport.

Here's the link in English: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/acceso...eta.php?i=INGL

and in Spanish: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/tarjet...hp?idioma=ESPA

You have to cut the form where indicated and will have 2 parts. One is for entering the country and the other part is surrendered when you leave (or vice versa for residents in Argentina).

I printed mine out a couple of weeks ago and it worked a treat!

When we left Sept 1 the allowed the use of both old or new forms... I like the idea of printing them at home but maybe a silly question.... on the form it lets you pick identification or passport.

If you are U.S. citizen with DNI what would you pick? I think that you might have to still use passport at this entry but not sure.. IF you pick dni won't they still want to see passport and visa...

Last edited by nytango; Sep 11, 2008 at 6:41 am
Old Sep 11, 2008, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by nytango
When we left Sept 1 the allowed the use of both old or new forms... I like the idea of printing them at home but maybe a silly question.... on the form it lets you pick identification or passport.

If you are U.S. citizen with DNI what would you pick? I think that you might have to still use passport at this entry but not sure.. IF you pick dni won't they still want to see passport and visa...
Yes, there seems to be a transition period when both old and new forms are acceptable (I too saw people with both when I passed through EZE the other week).

I have my UK passport and DNI and always put my DNI number on the form. I used to use the passport # but they always crossed it out and wrote the DNI # instead so that's what I've always put for the last 2 years without any problems (obviously I have to present my passport too which gets stamped in the normal way). If the entry stamp you get in your passport indicates temporary or permanent resident (as opposed to the 3 month tourist stamp) then I'd say put your DNI in this part of the form.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 4:24 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
If you are a foreigner I dont see why they would want your DNI, unless you will be staying longer than the normal visa waiver time period, of course.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I forgot to check this out before my past 2 trips (Dec/Jan), but I still received the old red/yellow forms on the plane. Have people been regularly using these online forms? I haven't seen what appear to be many people waiting with anything more than their "old" style arrival forms.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I forgot to check this out before my past 2 trips (Dec/Jan), but I still received the old red/yellow forms on the plane. Have people been regularly using these online forms? I haven't seen what appear to be many people waiting with anything more than their "old" style arrival forms.
Yes! I have used nothing but the online forms for all travel since August last year. Since the majority of people probably don't know about this facility, most will still have the traditional printed forms to fill out.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 5:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
If you are a foreigner I dont see why they would want your DNI, unless you will be staying longer than the normal visa waiver time period, of course.
I had a bit of a problem leaving the country last year at Ezeiza.Basically, for a few minutes they weren't going to allow me to leave because I didn't have my DNI. Although I have the permanent resident stamp in my passport they asked for my DNI as well.
I explained or I should say my wife explained to them my application was waiting to be processed.The officer said I should have been given a temporary document detailing this.
Finally after about twenty minutes and much nail biting by me he returned after consulting a superior saying that it was okay for me to travel. I have to say he was very polite and understanding about the whole thing but it did seem strange how a foreigner could be prevented from leaving another country.
Nine months after submitting my DNI application it has been sent back to me because it was missing a signature, not by me but the registrar who dealt with me.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 1:23 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I have to say he was very polite and understanding about the whole thing but it did seem strange how a foreigner could be prevented from leaving another country.
Interesting point.... did you bring this up with the immigration guy...?
Old Jan 20, 2009, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Interesting point.... did you bring this up with the immigration guy...?
To be honest no. After that hold up added to the events getting to the Ezeiza (road blocks) I just wanted to get to the lounge for a drink. I'll need to enquire before our next trip in May what it was all about as I don't see me having the DNI before then.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 6:45 am

To be honest no. After that hold up added to the events getting to the Ezeiza (road blocks) I just wanted to get to the lounge for a drink. I'll need to enquire before our next trip in May what it was all about as I don't see me having the DNI before then.
A little update to my post.

Seems I should have taken a receipt proving my DNI application was "in process" and shown it to immigration officer at EZE.
I have since found out that the reason my application was sent back was because the translation of documents carried out by the Argentine Consulate in London when applying for permanent residency was deemed not to be acceptable to the Argentine authorities in Buenos Aires and has to be done all over again by someone based in Argentina.
I asked my wife why that should be the case but I cannot repeat on here what she said.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
... I have since found out that the reason my application was sent back was because the translation of documents carried out by the Argentine Consulate in London when applying for permanent residency was deemed not to be acceptable to the Argentine authorities in Buenos Aires and has to be done all over again by someone based in Argentina. ...
During my escritura, my escribana explained that even if I were from Spain, she'd probably have to insist on a translator being present ... since they speak that "strange" version of the language there

Even my apostille had to be translated in BsAs by a certified local translator, since the standard language used (Spanish of course) in the document (specified under the Hague Convention), was not considered "sufficient".

John
Old Jan 23, 2009, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by SoFlyOn
During my escritura, my escribana explained that even if I were from Spain, she'd probably have to insist on a translator being present ... since they speak that "strange" version of the language there

Even my apostille had to be translated in BsAs by a certified local translator, since the standard language used (Spanish of course) in the document (specified under the Hague Convention), was not considered "sufficient".

John
Does seem strange that the translation done by Argentine staff in the Consulate in London was not accepted though.

Unless of course they cocked it up somewhere along the line.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Does seem strange that the translation done by Argentine staff in the Consulate in London was not accepted though.

Unless of course they cocked it up somewhere along the line.
Maybe they use Spanish (as in Español) employees for the clerical/non-officer positions who unfortunately read/write/speak Castellano?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Maybe they use Spanish (as in Español) employees for the clerical/non-officer positions who unfortunately read/write/speak Castellano?
I had thought that as well but my wife assures me they were definitely Argentine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.