the ultimate Tango Show thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the ultimate Tango Show thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA WN Delta Hilton Gold
We were looking at possibly going to rojotango when we are at CowDO but do not see anywhere on their website to get tickets? Do they only sell through brokers and if so who would you recommend to go through for tickets? Tried an internet search but a lot of the links I pull up don't work.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Originally Posted by Xelint
We were looking at possibly going to rojotango when we are at CowDO but do not see anywhere on their website to get tickets? Do they only sell through brokers and if so who would you recommend to go through for tickets? Tried an internet search but a lot of the links I pull up don't work.
Here's the email:
[email protected]
Alternately you could send an email to the hotel where you'll be staying and ask them to phone rojotango (number provided below) to make a reservation.
+54 11 4952-4111
Old Jun 10, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: A bunch of pretty little colored plastic cards.
We loved Rojo Tango a when we saw it in April. I just made the reservation via phone and it was extremely easy. They even follow-up after via e-mail to ask about your experience. The show was absolutely stunning. Enjoy!
Old Jun 11, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: UA WN Delta Hilton Gold
Thanks all. Actually took Tuchop's suggestion and our hotel is going to set it up for us.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 7:56 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
I've been in Seńor Tango and La Ventana. I liked both, though Seńor Tango had kind of a Broadway touch, so La Ventana seemed a bit more authentic, anyway I enjoyed both.

I'm looking for any show of Tango combined with other Argentina folk musics (La Ventana had a bit of this, but don't want to repeat the same place), not pure Tango the whole show. Any recommendation?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by iahphx
Not sure why more folks don't avail themselves of the offer, but if you see my post 28, you'll see that discount tickets for the tourist tango shows are easily obtainable from the discount ticket outlets (you might want to google the locations to see if they've changed). Not using these is, to me, the equivalent of buying Broadway tickets at full price for a show waaay past its prime.

With a substantial discount, I can't imagine any tourist being disappointed by a tango show. Heck, I try to go to one everytime I'm in town. Where else can I see tango? It's a cheap and fun night out with the discounted tickets.
I'd like to try these discount ticket outlets. Do people usually go to those outlets physically after you get to EZE? Or do they also use email that you can negotiate while in the States? I'd much prefer to make these reservations beforehand.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:11 am

I thought Cafe Tortoni was a really good tango show because of the intimate setting.

Also in response to a show with more music I highly recommend Fernandez Fierro, though there is not actual dance the music itself is pretty enjoyable. Shows every Wednesday. fernandezfierro.com
Old Nov 17, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: AA PLT
Looking for a smallish tango show

Any word yet or anyone checked out the We are Tango show?

Thanks,
X
Saw this post, looked at the website (they say they are truly small), and now I am wondering: has anyone been there?
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: united, american, alaska
What if I wanted a dance lesson and not just a spectator experience? The catch is that my Spanish is fairly minimal (and Cuban accented, so I find the Argentinean accent particularly difficult).

Any recommendations?
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:52 pm

Programs: JAL DMD, Hildon DMD, Velocity Plat
Originally Posted by tuchop
Here's the email:
[email protected]
Alternately you could send an email to the hotel where you'll be staying and ask them to phone rojotango (number provided below) to make a reservation.
+54 11 4952-4111
Folks, is this still the best tango show to watch in BsAs?
Or are there any new/better shows?

Visiting mid-March 2016!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.