Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Women's Clothing Shopping in Buenos Aires

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2006, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Women's Clothing Shopping in Buenos Aires

I know there is mention of leather goods as something to shop for in Buenos Aires.
But my question is more where you can get high end clothing for women.

I'd be interested in stuff that wasn't the international big name designers, but rather Argentinian designers who might make custom clothing for customers... sort of the Hong Kong suit makers for women.

Rita
Old Oct 20, 2006, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by rkt10
I know there is mention of leather goods as something to shop for in Buenos Aires.
But my question is more where you can get high end clothing for women.

I'd be interested in stuff that wasn't the international big name designers, but rather Argentinian designers who might make custom clothing for customers... sort of the Hong Kong suit makers for women.

Rita
Silvia Maccio had a store in Recoleta and may still have one. Expensive but good from what I heard.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 10:35 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
As GUWonder correctly points out, you need to look around the Recoleta area. Plenty of local designers with various styles. However, please note that pricing will not be comparable to SE Asian markets.... it will almost certainly be more expensive.

In the large shopping malls, apart from international brand names you will also find many local brands & designers that may have what you are looking for. I suggest you checking out Patio Bullrich, Paseo Alcorta and Galerias Pacifico.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We're here in BA, now. Per Mrs. PTravel: There's a promenade in the Alvear Hotel with high-end shops.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PTravel
We're here in BA, now. Per Mrs. PTravel: There's a promenade in the Alvear Hotel with high-end shops.
Yes. And as your hotel is well-situated in Recoleta wandering around the area outside the hotel will take you by various boutiques too.

For the "hip" younger female crowd looking for night-on-the-town clothes, I've heard shopping around Palermo has picked up steam in the clothing arena too. But, by way of the reference to HKG custom clothes, that may not be what the OP is looking for.

Enjoy your stay, the good shopping and all that comes with it.

[Perhaps Gaucho100k can launch a thread about men's shopping in Buenos Aires. I trust his tastes .... especially in ties. (A reference to an old OMNI thread about favorite tie makers.) ]
Old Oct 21, 2006, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Yes. And as your hotel is well-situated in Recoleta wandering around the area outside the hotel will take you by various boutiques too.
Actually, we're staying at the Sheraton Libertador -- not quite in the same league. However, it's free, on points, and also well located. We've walked to Recoleta and back.

BA is a wonderful city, truly world class. We've enjoyed our visit and will definitely be back. Ah, the steaks!
Old Oct 21, 2006, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PTravel
Actually, we're staying at the Sheraton Libertador -- not quite in the same league. However, it's free, on points, and also well located. We've walked to Recoleta and back.

BA is a wonderful city, truly world class. We've enjoyed our visit and will definitely be back. Ah, the steaks!
Not much shopping of the variety the OP mentioned immediately around the Sheraton Libertador, but at 3k-4k Starwood points per night (it was 2k-3k not too long back ) for either of the two Sheratons in Capital Federal, Buenos Aires is a great place to redeem points and have a world class experience. After all, between a bit of walking or cheap cabs the options are good, very good.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
If you are going to Montevideo check out Ana Livni's boutique downtown. Very very high styled knitwear sweaters, dresses and fabric coats. She is immensely talented. She Hand dyes her yarn. All Made in Uruguay. May want to check out her website first as many of her designs are very high styled but excellent quality and I think very reasonably priced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.