Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Easiest way to transfer from EZE to AEP in Buenos Aires?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2004, 7:13 am
Original Poster

What is the easiest way to transfer from EZE (Ezeiza International Airport) to AEP (Jorge Newbery Airport) in Argentina? And how long does this transfer usually take?
Old Aug 15, 2004, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
When you exit the baggage area, you will see several transportation company booths. Stop and one and negotiate a fee for AEP. If you want air conditioning, tell them so. It's been a while since I did this, but I'm guessing about $30 USD? It's a long drive through traffic (depending on the hour).
Old Aug 15, 2004, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
I believe there's a shuttle bus that does this. I can't remember the name of the company that does it but they basically have a monopoly on the bus services from the airports.

I can't imagine a taxi costing more than US$20.. it's 30 pesos from centro to EZE, and Aeroparque is in Centro.. even from the airport, that's AR60.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 9:27 am

Programs: The usual for over 7 Million paid miles flown to date... My first paid flight was on a DC3.
Manuel Tienda Leon is the company that is the primary people mover from EZE and Jorge Newbury... www.tiendaleon.com.ar
Old Aug 16, 2004, 9:35 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
the last time i did it [march], car & driver was $12...got it thru booth outside customs.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. Do you know the approximate time transfer takes or the the distance between the 2 airports?
Old Aug 16, 2004, 6:52 pm

Programs: AE, AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Teeejay
Thanks for your replies. Do you know the approximate time transfer takes or the the distance between the 2 airports?
As I recall (it's a bit fuzzy) it took about 30 minutes by private car from Manuel Tienda Leon. If you are not in a hurry, you can take their bus as it's cheaper.

They have a bus schedule on their website, you should look it up when their site works.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 12:38 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
30 mins is about right from driving off to stopping at aep. i want 3 hrs from arr-dep min to give some cushion, customs can take a while ...some say 4 hrs should be sked [which i do when shooting, because of the additional time fot gun clearence]..as in all major cities, traffic can be a problem....btw, newberry is known as aeroparque? in ba....i remember getting a taxi there & saying i wanted to go to newberry & got a blank look until i said the magic word.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:12 am

In case anyone searches for this topic: Last week I tried making the transfer between the domestic airport and the international one. We had 3.25 hours according to itinerary but the flight from Salta was 1.5 hours late on Aerolineas Argentina and then traffic between airports was extraordinarily bad - 2.25 hours to go about 27km! (of course during PM rush hour but this is extra bad from what I heard.) Cars were driving on the grass next to the road (and then having to merge back into traffic at river crossings!). Four of us in a taxi with luggage on laps. Taxi is about 110 pesos while the Lyon bus was I think Arg$30 or 35 per person.

We missed the daily flight to Lima on Aerolineas and our Machu Picchu plans got messed up. I would advise a long layover/alternate flights or make sure you have a time buffer in Lima or Cuzco since the train to Cuzco is critical and flights between Lima and Cuzco are rare/non exisitent after about 2:45pm. Aerolineas put us up in a BA hotel but the trip was messed-up. Delta got us back to the States on Lima-Atlanta and I got a $400 bump in Atlanta and one in Cincinnati on the way back to Seattle.

By the way, when the MD80 took off from Salta we climbed a few thousand feet and then leveled off and banked slightly left and right. Captain comes on the PA and says something about returning to Salta for a technical problem (in Spanish). We turn around and then a minute later we start climbing again and the captain says we're fine and there's no need to return to the airport. The Argentine guy sitting next to me says he hates Aerolineas and was only on it due to certain circumstances. He recommended Andes Air which he explained is backed by the Salta government and has a much better on-time record. We saw their entire fleet of two MD-80s when we arrived in BA.
Old May 30, 2009, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by prspad
Manuel Tienda Leon is the company that is the primary people mover from EZE and Jorge Newbury... www.tiendaleon.com.ar
This seems to be saying ARS 45 a person from EZE to AEP.

http://www.tiendaleon.com.ar/home/li...p?id_unidad=10

Does anyone know these days what a CAB will run? We are 2 persons and that may cost less?

Glen
Old May 30, 2009, 11:18 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Since this thread was started, our regional travel forums have become quite active. Please follow this in our Travel->Argentina forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old May 30, 2009, 11:59 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Wirelessly posted (Palm TX: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

Glen..... forget the EZE cabs and do a MTL car service. Where are you staying....?!

Bring some Grange... will trade you for some Catena....
Old May 30, 2009, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Taxi Ezeisa was 95 pesos from EZE to the city. It was cheaper than MTL.
Old May 30, 2009, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Originally Posted by CApreppie
That's what I paid earlier in the month from EZE to my apartment which is close to AEP. I added another 10 pesos in tip. Be aware that if you have a lot of luggage, even with 2 people that it might be a tight squeeze, if the trunk is occupied with a CNG tank,

John
Old May 30, 2009, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CApreppie

And you just hail those at EZE?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.