Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires (EZE) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 7:53 pm

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
You are in transit in Lima . So no customs or immigration. If you are Star Alliance elite , the Avianca lounge is cose to the gate. But other than beer and soft drinks it doesnt offer too much.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
thanks everyone.. hopefully this flight will be available when I need it in early December.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by malagajohn
These flights are with Avianca.
And it is normally the same plane that does both sectors.
I did this routing in March and it was the same 330 on both flights
Just booked 2 one way flights to Miami.. do we get a chance to get off the plane and stretch?

Also were you able to get seats ahead of time , had to call United to get seats,? the confirmation says only seats available at the Avianca counter.. I would hate to wait that long to pick my seats ( in business)

ETA : I was told it is an American Airline flight (Trans American) and was given different confirmation numbers and a phone# to call for seats

Last edited by duranza; Jan 5, 2016 at 2:01 pm
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:20 pm

I booked on the Avianca web site and got my seats at time of booking.

As it is officially two separate flights , you will have two boarding cards .You will have to disembark with all your stuff and get back in line to board.

I had one hour 20 mins between flights . Plenty of time for a stroll and a beer or whatever.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:21 pm

Trans American is an Avianca subsidiary.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:25 pm

I am all set.. just got off the phone with Avianca and got the seats for both of us for both flights. thanks all for your help. ib
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
I am all set.. just got off the phone with Avianca and got the seats for both of us for both flights. thanks all for your help. ib
Good news!!
Enjoy the flights!!
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:15 am

I am flying out of Ezeiza. Can someone suggest which lounge is better - I am flying with Qatar airways and my status is Sapphire.

LAN VIP or American Airlines admiral club?
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Stylewars
I am flying out of Ezeiza. Can someone suggest which lounge is better - I am flying with Qatar airways and my status is Sapphire.

LAN VIP or American Airlines admiral club?
I like the LA lounge a lot more. The wine department is far superior. The food is better (but not fancy). I don't know what time your flight departs but the AA lounge becomes so ridiculously crowded that it is uncomfortable. The hot food items in the AA lounge when I've been in (a total of twice) are gross.

On the other hand, others think I'm crazy (and they may not be incorrect) and like the AA lounge a lot more.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

On the other hand, others think I'm crazy (and they may not be incorrect) and like the AA lounge a lot more.
Yes I too have always had the impression you're as mad as a hatter.

As you say it depends what time of day you visit. I suspect the Lan lounge would also be the better option in the evening if the AA crowd are in their own lounge. They lounges aren't that far apart so if your status allows why not visit them both?
Old Jan 18, 2016, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yes I too have always had the impression you're as mad as a hatter.

As you say it depends what time of day you visit. I suspect the Lan lounge would also be the better option in the evening if the AA crowd are in their own lounge. They lounges aren't that far apart so if your status allows why not visit them both?
Thanks for the heads up - my flight departs 11pm so I'm guessing I would have to deal with a lot of the evening flight crowd.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Stylewars
Thanks for the heads up - my flight departs 11pm so I'm guessing I would have to deal with a lot of the evening flight crowd.
The airport is a mess at that hour, although by the time your flight actually departs, the worst of it is over. On a recent trip, checking in shortly after 9pm, the security and migraciones wait was approx. 30 minutes total, which wasn't too bad, but I always plan an hour for this.

Also, as nice as the new B gate area is, when flights are queued up for boarding, they completely block the passage down the terminal's length.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Yes. I've no doubt that someone as well travelled as you will have been to many more less safe cities than Buenos Aires and survived them without incident. No point in me reminding you to follow the usual rules...you already know them.

Enjoy. ^
I wanted to jump back in here and let you know my thoughts. I did one night pre cruise and stayed in San Telmo at the Anselmo. Loved it. I did a walking tour and as it was my first day there I didn't carry a handbag I put on a small belt bag and wrapped a scarf around my waist to hide the belt bag. By the end of the day I realize that the stories about crime were exaggerated. I think it's good as everybody is on guard and not flaunting their diamond rings and jewelry and not making themselves targets. The Park Hyatt concierge did tell me not to walk on the side of the street where the station was so I didn't.

I stayed 4 nights after the Antarctica cruise and by that point I was feeling like a local. I spoke to lots of people on the walking tours and not one person had been robbed or pick pocketed or anything. Again, no one had jewelry or anything flash. On the walking tour an undercover cop did come up to our guide and tell him to warn the group again about people stealing watches. Mine was in the hotel safe.

I actually got a local cab from AEP back to the Sheraton/Park Tower complex after my overnight trip to Iguazzo and made sure he knew that I knew where I was going, it should be in the meter and the approximate cost before I got in the cab. It helped he use to live in South Beach and Queens NY and spoke perfect English.

I think all the warnings are sort of good but I ended up carrying my shoulder bag and I just sort of emulated the local women in how they held their bags and walked and it was no problem. People should be warned more about the taxi bandits at the airports and the pier LOL. 20.00 USD from the pier to Park Hyatt and it was 2 kilometers.

Loved the Park Tower and walked everywhere except to Palermo where I took the free shuttled back and forth to the mall and walked around the Botanical Garden and Palermo So Ho.

San Telmo was my favorite area though.

Thanks guys for your encouraging words before I went.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 10:18 pm

Programs: JAL DMD, Hildon DMD, Velocity Plat
Originally Posted by cruisr
I wanted to jump back in here and let you know my thoughts. I did one night pre cruise and stayed in San Telmo at the Anselmo. Loved it. I did a walking tour and as it was my first day there I didn't carry a handbag I put on a small belt bag and wrapped a scarf around my waist to hide the belt bag. By the end of the day I realize that the stories about crime were exaggerated. I think it's good as everybody is on guard and not flaunting their diamond rings and jewelry and not making themselves targets. The Park Hyatt concierge did tell me not to walk on the side of the street where the station was so I didn't.

I stayed 4 nights after the Antarctica cruise and by that point I was feeling like a local. I spoke to lots of people on the walking tours and not one person had been robbed or pick pocketed or anything. Again, no one had jewelry or anything flash. On the walking tour an undercover cop did come up to our guide and tell him to warn the group again about people stealing watches. Mine was in the hotel safe.

I actually got a local cab from AEP back to the Sheraton/Park Tower complex after my overnight trip to Iguazzo and made sure he knew that I knew where I was going, it should be in the meter and the approximate cost before I got in the cab. It helped he use to live in South Beach and Queens NY and spoke perfect English.

I think all the warnings are sort of good but I ended up carrying my shoulder bag and I just sort of emulated the local women in how they held their bags and walked and it was no problem. People should be warned more about the taxi bandits at the airports and the pier LOL. 20.00 USD from the pier to Park Hyatt and it was 2 kilometers.

Loved the Park Tower and walked everywhere except to Palermo where I took the free shuttled back and forth to the mall and walked around the Botanical Garden and Palermo So Ho.

San Telmo was my favorite area though.

Thanks guys for your encouraging words before I went.
Thanks for the update. I also have some planned stays at the Anselmo Hilton @ San Telmo in March. And one night at the Park Hyatt.

Would you mind providing some thoughts on your stay at the Anselmo - Hilton page of flyertalk? Thanks!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ilton-arg.html
Old Mar 4, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Apologies if the question has been asked earlier (I am sure it has..but cannot locate any recent response) but has the level of petty crime increased substantially in Buenos Aires? I was over there June 2011 and I felt fairly safe. Indeed walked during day and night (in the centre), took a few cabs, and had no safety concerns.

This may have changed since then but I would imagine that as long as one has common sense and avoid flashy things and having mobile phones on the restaurant table, should be OK, right?

Thanks heaps
Jorge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.