Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires F&B Scene - Volume I

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires F&B Scene - Volume I

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
Thanks Gaucho100K I think I'll look into Pura Tierra for my wife's birthday. Perhaps we'll snag a few bottles from you prior to dinner.
+1.

​​​​​​I'm also going to look into this place as well.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Another very good option for a high-end "Steak House" type experience is La Cabańa. Together with Le Grill, they are my two top choices for a full service high-end Grilled Meats experience in Buenos Aires.

Check out their website here:
http://www.lacabana.com.ar/english/la_cabana.html
Any recommendations these days for "good value" steak houses? The tripadvisor crowd loves Santos Manjares in Centro (lunch only). Anyone been there?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Went for Sunday brunch today to Harturo, in Recoleta. We live nearby and have been many times for dinner, but for brunch it was our first time.

They have a fixed menu of four entreés to choose (eggs benedict, scrambled eggs, bread with cheese and salmon with salad) and three mains (lamb burger, shrimps and a veggie sandwich). For dessert one could choose between a cheesecake, a chocolate cake or a pudding. The menu includes one drink (wine, cocktail, beer or soft drinks). Price is 550 pesos if you have the whole menu and 375 for just the main with a drink.

It's hard to actually find a good brunch here so I was a bit skeptical, but I have to recommend this one, especially the lamb burger. Harturo is actually one of my favourite restaurants in BA these days.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:07 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by iahphx
Any recommendations these days for "good value" steak houses? The tripadvisor crowd loves Santos Manjares in Centro (lunch only). Anyone been there?
La Dorita, La Cabrera and El Eestable are all places to be considered. One notch (or twp) above in price (but also quality) is Don Julio.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 7:57 am

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Been hectic, arrived back from BUE/MVD where my wife and I met up with Gaucho100k on Friday when we arrived, we chatted prior over whatsapp and set up a tasting at his place. We ended up meeting some others and the experience was fantastic. Very small, great wines.

My wife had asked me prior to going on this trip if I was going to purchase any wines as usually every trip = 10+ bottles. I said no as I didn't feel like lugging them around to MDZ and then back. A few months ago when my wife decided what she wanted to do for her birthday she booked the flights to BUE/MVD, this was fine until she told me she booked our return from MVD +1 month after we needed to be back. It was an honest mistake on her part, but now this meant instead of a direct flight from MVD-GRU we'd now need to fly MVD-EZE on AF with an almost 8+ hour layover before catching the QR EZE-GRU getting in at close to 2am. Why is this important?

1. I didn't want to carry wines, so buying wines wasn't my plan, who wants to carry all that around, dealing with customs etc.
2. No place to store it/heavy.

What happened...well my wife wanted wine (go figure) so Alex and her talked and they figured out something that would work, Alex graciously offered to have it sent to us if we decided to go into BUE on our layover and he also offered to set us up with a driver. We thought about it but my wife wasn't feeling well in MVD so we opted to stay at the airport. Alex then sent his driver to the airport and had our wine packed up nicely in a well padded box (which we still needed to get wrapped for some reason QR...).

Long story short, working with Alex was great, our wine got home with no questions asked. Can't wait to head back down again. Still trying to figure out what we're going to do with a MVD-GRU return ticket in a few weeks...

Here is our current collection, now minus 3-4 bottles.

Alex, that Alpamanta Breva, next to the Mirador is a fantastic white out of MDZ FYI. I need to track more of it down.

Old Mar 13, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive- Blue, Lifemiles, AA Advantage, VIA Rail Preference, Iberia Plus
Holy wines!
I'd be content if I could bring in 6 wines total... let alone what you brought.
Yay Canadian customs with our 2 bottle limit! *sarcasm*
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:30 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by iceblueshoes
Holy wines!
I'd be content if I could bring in 6 wines total... let alone what you brought.
Yay Canadian customs with our 2 bottle limit! *sarcasm*
We don't get stopped (haven't yet) but Brazilian customs, we've been bringing in between 8-12 bottles every time we travel.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:04 pm

Hello from Montevideo!

Just wanted to publicly express my gratitude for Gaucho100K's incredible hospitality and expertise, both of which he graciously extended to me last week at a private tasting.

I am a total wine neophyte but Alex patiently walked me through the wonderful world of Argentinean vino. A fantastic time was had by myself and my friend, and while I walked out of his place significantly lighter in the wallet I have some spectacular bottles and more than a few great memories to bring back home.

Alex is a wonderful ambassador for his country and his industry. I encourage anyone on FT to get in contact with him if they want to get seriously acquainted with all Argentina has to offer... http://www.argenology.com/

Thanks again, Alex!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Fun Event April 4th and 5th for about $20 USD $300 ARS

LA SEMANA DEL MALBEC... comienza en Trova!
Ver en mi browser

LA SEMANA DEL MALBEC... comienza en Trova!

Te invitamos a participar de #EnjoyMalbec Wine Hackaton en Trova Wine Bar.

Un evento diferente donde los participantes recomiendan los vinos que prueban y transmiten sus impresiones a otros consumidores vía las redes sociales. Les proponemos hackear el poder de los medios, el discurso de los gurús y las publicidades del vino. Transmitiremos las experiencias de los participantes de manera directa a otros consumidores sin intermediarios. No te podés perder esta oportunidad de disfrute y conocimiento.

​#EnjoyMalbec Wine Hackaton en Trova Wine Bar es una reunión para periodistas, blogueros y amantes del vino que podrán degustar y difundir en las redes sociales sus opiniones sobre los vinos del cepaje argentino por antonomasia. Sus opiniones, comentarios y notas de cata llegarán a la mayor cantidad posible de consumidores a través de sus postéos realizados inmediatamente desde sus cuentas en sus redes sociales (Facebook, Twitter, etc), blogs y sitios web.

Los días martes 04 y miércoles 05 de abril en Trova Wine Bar (Honduras y Ravignani, Palermo) de 18 a 24 hs se realizará esta nueva experiencia de comunicación que involucra a blogueros, periodistas, bodegueros, y entusiastas del vino.

Las entradas están en venta en siguiendo este link: eventbrite.com.ar/e/enjoy-malbec-en-trova-tickets-33163898112#tickets

Pueden optar por - One day pass Martes 04/04 ($300) - One day pass Miércoles 05/04 ($300) o el Two days pass Martes 04/04 + Miércoles 05/04 ($500)

Durante todo el evento los participantes podrán catar los vinos Malbec de diferentes regiones, postear desde sus tablets, smartphones, notebooks o netbooks sus comentarios sobre cada vino y relatar sus experiencias usando video, fotos y textos que subirán a Internet. A los participantes se les ofrecerá tapas. La intención es que se sientan cómodos y puedan conocerse y relacionarse con el fin de afianzar nuevas redes de comunicación entre entusiastas del vino y productores en este encuentro entre lo virtual y lo real.

ArgentineWines.Com adhiere al programa Vino con Moderación (Wine in Moderation) promovido por la asociación Bodegas de Argentina con el objetivo de difundir el consumo responsable como norma social y cultural con vistas a prevenir y reducir los dańos provocados por el consumo abusivo de alcohol.

Esperamos contar con tu presencia en este novedoso evento.
Muchas gracias.
Saludos

Daniel López Roca
ArgentineWines.Com
[email protected]

Copyright © 2017 ArgentineWines.Com, All rights reserved.
Estás recibiendo el newsletter de ArgentineWines.Com porque te suscribiste en nuestro sitio.

Our mailing address is:
ArgentineWines.Com
Av. de los Constituyentes 5938Buenos Aires, CABA 1431
Argentina

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:57 pm

Question

Originally Posted by YYZC2
Hello from Montevideo!

Just wanted to publicly express my gratitude for Gaucho100K's incredible hospitality and expertise, both of which he graciously extended to me last week at a private tasting.

I am a total wine neophyte but Alex patiently walked me through the wonderful world of Argentinean vino. A fantastic time was had by myself and my friend, and while I walked out of his place significantly lighter in the wallet I have some spectacular bottles and more than a few great memories to bring back home.

Alex is a wonderful ambassador for his country and his industry. I encourage anyone on FT to get in contact with him if they want to get seriously acquainted with all Argentina has to offer... http://www.argenology.com/

Thanks again, Alex!
Sorry, I"m a bit confused, but is this a wine bar?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:38 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
PM sent.

Originally Posted by iceblueshoes
Sorry, I"m a bit confused, but is this a wine bar?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
So, for my upcoming 4 day trip in late April, I've narrowed down a few places. I'm sort of on a budget this time, and staying at the Sheraton Libertador, so selected a few places around the area, but also in Palermo, where it's nice to spend the day walking around.

El Establo, Al Carbon, and Parilla Pena for budget/local steak.
Morelia, La Mar (splurge), Club Eros (budget - always wanted to try this place!) for Palermo

Any other ideas? Like El Cuartito for a pizza snack too...
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Originally Posted by RafKa
So, for my upcoming 4 day trip in late April, I've narrowed down a few places. I'm sort of on a budget this time, and staying at the Sheraton Libertador, so selected a few places around the area, but also in Palermo, where it's nice to spend the day walking around.

Morelia, La Mar (splurge), Club Eros (budget - always wanted to try this place!) for Palermo

Morelia in Palermo has the best thin crust pizza in the city.

La Mar has got some really excellent Peruvian dishes and you will love the ceviches.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by malagajohn
Morelia in Palermo has the best thin crust pizza in the city.

La Mar has got some really excellent Peruvian dishes and you will love the ceviches.
Yeah - I was in two minds about La Mar. Been there a couple of times and loved it (granted, both times I was taking advantage of dollar blue spread). Lots of recent reviews on Guia Oleo saying prices are ridiculously high now and quality and service went downhill, but I still fancy the amazing ceviches.

Never tried Morelia, but been hearing very good things about it for a while now!
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by RafKa

I'm a big fan of Parrilla Pena, haven't been to the other 2 you have mentioned. I've been to Morelia and just was not a fan. The rectangle pizza served on a wooden board in a nice restaurant didn't win me over for some reason. I had a great lunch at Eros some years back and really liked the neighborhood club feel (think they play badminton there as well as other sports, so it's really a neighborhood club. Most Barrios have its own club so go and explore too. ) For a Pizza snack I would try the "stand up" section of Pizzeria Guerrin (Corrientes near the Oblisco), I was there on Sunday for a mid afternoon snack.. Cheese Slice, Fried Empanada and glass of chilled tinto for about $75 ARS (the place has been serving since 1932 and many Theater Patrons go there after the show in the late evenings it's a cultural institution of Buenos Aires) Social La Lechuza (Soler and Uriarte) has a killer lunch special for $140 ARS Monday to Thursday. Today I had grilled pork chops, fries (I like the puree there too) small salad, glass of tinto and some cheesecake like desert. It was really good and an old style Bodegon to boot.. Safe travels and happy eating..

Last edited by Flying Machine; Apr 5, 2017 at 3:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.